Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 9, 2014
5:41:45 AM
View profile
RC65x remote not working

We have had this remote for about a year with no issues.  Noticed yesterday some of the buttons were not working (volume down, #7, up button over the select button).  I have tried to reset it (mute + select) but now the mute button does not work so I cannot reset it.  I have put in brand new batteries, I have reset the box.  Is there anything else I can try? 

I can tell the buttons are not working as the green light does not illuminate when I press them.  I can still use the remote sort of, so the tv is still connected.  It appears the problem is in the remote itself. 

We have had this remote for about a year with no issues.  Noticed yesterday some of the buttons were not working (volume down, #7, up button over the select button).  I have tried to reset it (mute + select) but now the mute button does not work so I cannot reset it.  I have put in brand new batteries, I have reset the box.  Is there anything else I can try? 

I can tell the buttons are not working as the green light does not illuminate when I press them.  I can still use the remote sort of, so the tv is still connected.  It appears the problem is in the remote itself. 

RC65x remote not working

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 7:30:20 AM
(0)
Guru

Yeah sounds like time for a new one

Yeah sounds like time for a new one

Re: RC65x remote not working

2 of 4 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 8:10:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
  • Try doing the remote control reset via the menu navigation.
  • Mute and Select buttons, then mode switch should blink 2x, enter 981, mode switch blinks 4x?
  • If you have other receivers, does the RC65X work on other receivers?
  • Try doing the remote control reset via the menu navigation.
  • Mute and Select buttons, then mode switch should blink 2x, enter 981, mode switch blinks 4x?
  • If you have other receivers, does the RC65X work on other receivers?

3 of 4 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 8:32:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Agree. Call DirecTV for a replacement

Agree. Call DirecTV for a replacement

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (25 Views)