Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2013
8:25:35 AM
View profile
Program code for Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar connected to Samsung TV

I have a Samsung SMART TV. I bought an Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar and connected it to the Samsung using an optical digital cable. The Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar comes with a separate remote to control the sound. I set the Samsung to external speakers.

I want to program the RC-64 remote to control the sound instead of having to use two remotes. I tried all the program codes provided by the online remote control tool for this brand of speaker but nothing worked.

Any help with programming my DirecTV remote to control the sound would be appreciated.

I have a Samsung SMART TV. I bought an Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar and connected it to the Samsung using an optical digital cable. The Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar comes with a separate remote to control the sound. I set the Samsung to external speakers.

I want to program the RC-64 remote to control the sound instead of having to use two remotes. I tried all the program codes provided by the online remote control tool for this brand of speaker but nothing worked.

Any help with programming my DirecTV remote to control the sound would be appreciated.

Program code for Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar connected to Samsung TV

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 10:55:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

IIRC, only the RC65 have SB codes

IIRC, only the RC65 have SB codes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Program code for Insignia NS-SB212 Sound Bar connected to Samsung TV

2 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 11:40:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks peds48_installs for the reply. I called DirecTV and ordered a new remote...they couldn't guarantee it would be an RC-65 but said it most likely be the newest version so I took a chance.

Hopefully. this will resolve the problem.

for

Thanks peds48_installs for the reply. I called DirecTV and ordered a new remote...they couldn't guarantee it would be an RC-65 but said it most likely be the newest version so I took a chance.

Hopefully. this will resolve the problem.

for

3 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 4:53:47 AM
(0)
Expert

Just a note that many merchants carry the Directv line of remotes at good prices and they guarantee specific models.

http://www.satphonestore.com/directv-rc65rbx-ir-uhf-remote-control-w-back-light-and-xmp-technology-requires-h25rfr-for-use-with-h25.html?___store=default&___store=default

Just a note that many merchants carry the Directv line of remotes at good prices and they guarantee specific models.

http://www.satphonestore.com/directv-rc65rbx-ir-uhf-remote-control-w-back-light-and-xmp-technology-requires-h25rfr-for-use-with-h25.html?___store=default&___store=default

4 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 7:54:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by alauck2 

Thanks peds48_installs for the reply. 

Awesome.  Keep us posted

Quote: Originally Posted by alauck2 

Thanks peds48_installs for the reply. 

Awesome.  Keep us posted

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 7:33:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, no joy. I received the new RC-65 remote from DirecTV . Accessed Program Remote/Audio/Insignia from the menu and set the slider to AV1....entered all the available codes for Insignia. None allowed me to control the volume with the DirecTV remote. I still have to use the separate remote that come with the sound bar.

Anyone know a code that will work with the Insignia NS-SB212. The speaker is connected to the TV via optical digital connection.

Well, no joy. I received the new RC-65 remote from DirecTV . Accessed Program Remote/Audio/Insignia from the menu and set the slider to AV1....entered all the available codes for Insignia. None allowed me to control the volume with the DirecTV remote. I still have to use the separate remote that come with the sound bar.

Anyone know a code that will work with the Insignia NS-SB212. The speaker is connected to the TV via optical digital connection.

6 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 11:46:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have a TV programmed into the "TV" position on the RC65 remote?

Do you have a TV programmed into the "TV" position on the RC65 remote?

7 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 7:05:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

litzdo911, I'm not sure what you are asking. On the RC-65 remote I have a slider at the top of the remote marked DirecTV/AV1/AV2/TV. When I enter the codes for the Insignia speaker I have the slider set at AV1, as per the instructions on the screen. I already programmed the Samsung TV with the appropriate code and that worked fine. I can use the remote to turn off the TV.

litzdo911, I'm not sure what you are asking. On the RC-65 remote I have a slider at the top of the remote marked DirecTV/AV1/AV2/TV. When I enter the codes for the Insignia speaker I have the slider set at AV1, as per the instructions on the screen. I already programmed the Samsung TV with the appropriate code and that worked fine. I can use the remote to turn off the TV.

8 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 8:22:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Does the remote's volume buttons control the TV's volume?   If so, then you need to reassign the volume buttons to the AV1 (Insignia) device.  Follow the on-screen instructions. 

Does the remote's volume buttons control the TV's volume?   If so, then you need to reassign the volume buttons to the AV1 (Insignia) device.  Follow the on-screen instructions. 

9 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 10:41:04 AM
(0)
Professor

Try searching by volume, with soundbar on, volume up but muted, do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks
4. enter 3
5. press and release VOL UP
6. point the remote at the stereo and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes
7. press select to lock in code

Try searching by volume, with soundbar on, volume up but muted, do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks
4. enter 3
5. press and release VOL UP
6. point the remote at the stereo and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes
7. press select to lock in code

10 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 1:18:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

tivoburkee, I followed steps 1-7 with no luck. DirecTV remote still does not control the volume.

I had the sound bar turned on, volume turned up but muted and followed the steps you provided. The volume control on the DirecTV remote still does not change the sound volume.

When I change the audio settings on the Samsung TV to internal speakers, the DirecTV remote controls the sound fine, but when I change the TV setting to external speaker, the DirecTV remote does not control the sound, only the Insignia sound bar remote controls the sound.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. I know there must be something that will work with this speaker.

tivoburkee, I followed steps 1-7 with no luck. DirecTV remote still does not control the volume.

I had the sound bar turned on, volume turned up but muted and followed the steps you provided. The volume control on the DirecTV remote still does not change the sound volume.

When I change the audio settings on the Samsung TV to internal speakers, the DirecTV remote controls the sound fine, but when I change the TV setting to external speaker, the DirecTV remote does not control the sound, only the Insignia sound bar remote controls the sound.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. I know there must be something that will work with this speaker.

11 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 4:26:46 PM
(0)
Professor

If still controls the power of the insignia, do the following to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

If still controls the power of the insignia, do the following to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

12 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 5:45:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

tivoburkee, the four steps you provided above did not work (note, the DirecTV remote does not power off the Insignia speaker nor does it control volume...only the Insignia remote powers off the speaker or changes volume).

I did not expect this to be such a problem...Insignia is a fairly common brand. Very frustrating. I do appreciate you all providing help.

tivoburkee, the four steps you provided above did not work (note, the DirecTV remote does not power off the Insignia speaker nor does it control volume...only the Insignia remote powers off the speaker or changes volume).

I did not expect this to be such a problem...Insignia is a fairly common brand. Very frustrating. I do appreciate you all providing help.

13 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 11:12:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

OK, I called DirecTV and expressed my displeasure with the lack of remote support for the Insignia NS-SB212 sound bar...BUT, while I was on the phone with the DirecTV rep, I again went to the DirecTV Web site and went to their Remote Codes page (which I have done three previous times) and put in the mfgr/model and this time their was a recommended code I had not seen before...12049. This code is very different from all the other Insignia codes which usually start 3nnnn. I followed the online instructions:

Setup Instructions
1. Set the "Mode Switch" to Device 1.
2. Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
3. Enter the 5 digit Code above.
4. Try your new code and tell us how it worked!

And it did work!! So, for all Insignia NS-SB212, there is hope -).

Thanks to everyone that contributed their ideas. All is well in TV land.

OK, I called DirecTV and expressed my displeasure with the lack of remote support for the Insignia NS-SB212 sound bar...BUT, while I was on the phone with the DirecTV rep, I again went to the DirecTV Web site and went to their Remote Codes page (which I have done three previous times) and put in the mfgr/model and this time their was a recommended code I had not seen before...12049. This code is very different from all the other Insignia codes which usually start 3nnnn. I followed the online instructions:

Setup Instructions
1. Set the "Mode Switch" to Device 1.
2. Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
3. Enter the 5 digit Code above.
4. Try your new code and tell us how it worked!

And it did work!! So, for all Insignia NS-SB212, there is hope -).

Thanks to everyone that contributed their ideas. All is well in TV land.

14 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 12:01:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good to hear.  Thanks for the update. 

Good to hear.  Thanks for the update. 

15 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 4:10:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same issue with the NS-SB212 Insignia Soundbar.  I have tried the 5-6 codes listed in the setup and now the 12049 code suggested  below....  I am not able to program the Direct TV remote to recognize the Insignia Soundbar....   Any additional ideas?  BTW. I do not have the RC-65 remote.  Both remotes are older.  I think one is an RC-1984.....

I have the same issue with the NS-SB212 Insignia Soundbar.  I have tried the 5-6 codes listed in the setup and now the 12049 code suggested  below....  I am not able to program the Direct TV remote to recognize the Insignia Soundbar....   Any additional ideas?  BTW. I do not have the RC-65 remote.  Both remotes are older.  I think one is an RC-1984.....

16 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 4:49:05 PM
(0)
Professor

Have never heard of the rc1984, what is the brand and model # of the directv receiver, sounds like its too old.

Have never heard of the rc1984, what is the brand and model # of the directv receiver, sounds like its too old.

17 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 6:36:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for the confusion...  Here is what I have for equipment.

Direct TV H25

Receiver ID 036825482288

Model H25-100

Serial A32LA2AV120159

Remote 1 : RC1984741-02B

Remote 2: URC2482RG0-0

Neither Remote works with the soundbar.

Thanks, Mark

Sorry for the confusion...  Here is what I have for equipment.

Direct TV H25

Receiver ID 036825482288

Model H25-100

Serial A32LA2AV120159

Remote 1 : RC1984741-02B

Remote 2: URC2482RG0-0

Neither Remote works with the soundbar.

Thanks, Mark

18 of 19 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 7:00:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If it's a DirecTV Remote, the model number is printed on the upper front corner.

If it's a DirecTV Remote, the model number is printed on the upper front corner.

19 of 19 (2,198 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments