Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jan 5, 2014
10:35:19 AM
View profile
Program Remote to Operate Samsung HW-F450 soundbar

I currently have an HR20/100 receiver and want to program remote to operate my Samsung HW-F450 soundbar.  If I purchase an RC65RBX remote will that work?  Or is there another solution?

I currently have an HR20/100 receiver and want to program remote to operate my Samsung HW-F450 soundbar.  If I purchase an RC65RBX remote will that work?  Or is there another solution?

Program Remote to Operate Samsung HW-F450 soundbar

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 10:51:55 AM
(0)
Expert

Won't work with the HR20.  That DVR is not capable of loading any codes to your remote.  As you're apparently aware, the "learning" remotes are the only ones that have a chance at getting a code for a soundbar.  The HR24, H25, HR34 and HR44 will communicate with that remote.

Won't work with the HR20.  That DVR is not capable of loading any codes to your remote.  As you're apparently aware, the "learning" remotes are the only ones that have a chance at getting a code for a soundbar.  The HR24, H25, HR34 and HR44 will communicate with that remote.

Re: Program Remote to Operate Samsung HW-F450 soundbar

2 of 5 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 11:17:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

3 of 5 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 12:24:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

You might check out this thread for the Samsung HW-FM45C Soundbar:

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11254661

the code it found that worked for the HW-FM45C was   32660 

I do not believe the RC65 Remote is an actual "Learning" Remote.

I believe that some Set-top Boxes simply send five-digit Codes to the Remote, so you do not have to manually enter the Code. 

The Code simply tells the Remote what set of 'signals' [that are already in the Remote's firmware] to send to the Device when a specific key/button is pressed.

You might check out this thread for the Samsung HW-FM45C Soundbar:

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11254661

the code it found that worked for the HW-FM45C was   32660 

I do not believe the RC65 Remote is an actual "Learning" Remote.

I believe that some Set-top Boxes simply send five-digit Codes to the Remote, so you do not have to manually enter the Code. 

The Code simply tells the Remote what set of 'signals' [that are already in the Remote's firmware] to send to the Device when a specific key/button is pressed.

4 of 5 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:38:29 AM
(0)
Expert

Allan,  You post will confuse the original poster.  The remote they have is indeed a "learning" remote (the X in the model umber is the indicator) and I've already informed the poster that their HR20 will not function in the learning mode.

Allan,  You post will confuse the original poster.  The remote they have is indeed a "learning" remote (the X in the model umber is the indicator) and I've already informed the poster that their HR20 will not function in the learning mode.

5 of 5 (350 Views)