ronseg1's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Thursday, August 4th, 2011 6:34 PM

One RF remote, several TV's

I am thinking of getting U-verse. I have direct TV now and use one RF remote for 4 tv's and 4 receivers. Will one U-verse RF remote work 4 different TV's or do I need a different RF remote for each TV and/or receiver? My receivers are not near the TV's, but all are located in a separate room. If I am watching a TV in one room and someone else wants to watch a different TV in a different room, will the same remote change my channel to the other room's request?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

If the only problem is not having a visible STB the U-verse RF remote is a solution ( maybe expensive).

You would have 4 TVs in four locations, each with it's own remote, each communicating with it's own SSTB in the central location.

The part I am not understanding is why you seem to be indicating there is only one remote (the Pronto). Do you carry it room to room?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks, Do you get an email to advise you that you have a message?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@ronseg1 wrote:

Thanks, Do you get an email to advise you that you have a message?

Yes, the default setting is that you will receive an email when someone sends you a private message on this site.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

13 years ago

I have two, one upstairs and one downstairs. I don't want four U-verse remotes - redundant!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks, good to know

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@ronseg1 wrote:
I have two, one upstairs and one downstairs. I don't want four U-verse remotes - redundant!

I have 4 TV's in 4 different rooms.  I have a U-verse remote in each room.  It's a matter of convenience rather than redundancy.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I answered; just follow the instructions the other posters gave you to find the PM. Smiley Wink

@ronseg1 wrote:

spd2denum: I sent you a private message, but I don't know how to get into my inbox, so your answer may not reach me.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@ronseg1 wrote:

I have 4 TV's in 4 different rooms.  I have a U-verse remote in each room.  It's a matter of convenience rather than redundancy.

Agree TG, and I have 2 standard remotes in my large living room for the same STB. That way I don't need to search around for the remote and can change channels/volume from either end of the room. Maybe sounds lazy but works for me. Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.