Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 2, 2014
6:31:46 PM
View profile
New Remote Coming Soon?
Edited by Darknessrise on May 2, 2014 at 6:34:35 PM

If anyone hasn't seen yet, these two videos are showing a different remote that hasn't been seen before:

http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/orderppv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26RUpb1B9I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

If anyone hasn't seen yet, these two videos are showing a different remote that hasn't been seen before:

http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/orderppv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26RUpb1B9I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

New Remote Coming Soon?

[ Edited ]
11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 3:20:47 PM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for sharing!

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Thank you for sharing!

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New Remote Coming Soon?

2 of 12 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 3:39:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on May 6, 2014 at 5:11:07 PM

Can we surmise that the lack of device buttons indicates that it is a U-verse only remote? No more confusion on trying to program other devices.

Maybe if it is u-verse only it works wi-fi instead of that pesky IR.

Can we surmise that the lack of device buttons indicates that it is a U-verse only remote? No more confusion on trying to program other devices.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 12 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 10:06:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

aviewer wrote:

Interesting. Not everyone has a surround sound system with a DVD player and who knows what other devices. If you're an older person, a remote with all the bells and whistles may seem a little intimidating.

But...is it just me, or does that pause button look slightly creepy? It's like it's doing the "smiley face Wal-Mart" thing, but with the eyes being vertical it brings out the creep factor.

aviewer wrote:

Interesting. Not everyone has a surround sound system with a DVD player and who knows what other devices. If you're an older person, a remote with all the bells and whistles may seem a little intimidating.

But...is it just me, or does that pause button look slightly creepy? It's like it's doing the "smiley face Wal-Mart" thing, but with the eyes being vertical it brings out the creep factor.

4 of 12 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 11:06:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Darknessrise - Where did you get the image of the remote? Can you scroll on it and bring up the lower third, so we can see those buttons? I tried to see it on the links that you provided. I can tell it has number, but that is all I can see.
Darknessrise - Where did you get the image of the remote? Can you scroll on it and bring up the lower third, so we can see those buttons? I tried to see it on the links that you provided. I can tell it has number, but that is all I can see.

5 of 12 (757 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 1:35:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

aviewer wrote:

I just got the image by taking a print screen of the remote in the video and cropping it. I haven't found anywhere where there's a clear picture of the bottom. I got a quick print screen of it from the first video, but it's very blurry(due to the fast motion of the video when it zooms back out). I wonder if this is just a prototype remote or something though. I say that since I noticed that between both of the two videos, one has the top green button as "My Multiview" and another shows it as "Recordings"

aviewer wrote:

I just got the image by taking a print screen of the remote in the video and cropping it. I haven't found anywhere where there's a clear picture of the bottom. I got a quick print screen of it from the first video, but it's very blurry(due to the fast motion of the video when it zooms back out). I wonder if this is just a prototype remote or something though. I say that since I noticed that between both of the two videos, one has the top green button as "My Multiview" and another shows it as "Recordings"

6 of 12 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2014 4:37:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

This remote is now shown on the U-verse app "Add New Receiver" page.

This remote is now shown on the U-verse app "Add New Receiver" page.

7 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2014 10:10:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

This remote has now also been featured in a Youtube video by AT&T(at around 32ish seconds):

It's a little hard to see, but if you look really close you can see that the remote is not the current one.

This remote has now also been featured in a Youtube video by AT&T(at around 32ish seconds):

It's a little hard to see, but if you look really close you can see that the remote is not the current one.

8 of 12 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2014 1:21:42 PM
(0)
Master

I can appreciate newer remotes but my family had to move to a Harmony One years ago to many electronics in the living room with way to many remotes on the coffee table .

I can appreciate newer remotes but my family had to move to a Harmony One years ago to many electronics in the living room with way to many remotes on the coffee table .

9 of 12 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2014 1:38:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Darknessrise wrote:

I would not attach too much signficance to a prop in a video ad.

Darknessrise wrote:

I would not attach too much signficance to a prop in a video ad.

10 of 12 (440 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 12:44:47 PM
(1)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:48:43 AM

and here we have it, the S20 remote Smiley Wink

http://www.att.com/media/att/2014/support/pdf/S-20_U-verse_remote_user_guide.pdf

http://www.att.com/media/att/2014/support/pdf/S-20_U-verse_remote_quick_start_programming_guide.pdf

[ Edited ]
11 of 12 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 1:04:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.

12 of 12 (311 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments