Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 1:31 AM

New Remote Coming Soon?

If anyone hasn't seen yet, these two videos are showing a different remote that hasn't been seen before:

http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/orderppv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26RUpb1B9I

5.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

1 Attachment

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for sharing!

-David T

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Can we surmise that the lack of device buttons indicates that it is a U-verse only remote? No more confusion on trying to program other devices.

Maybe if it is u-verse only it works wi-fi instead of that pesky IR.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

Can we surmise that the lack of device buttons indicates that it is a U-verse only remote? No more confusion on trying to program other devices.

Maybe if it is u-verse only it works wi-fi instead of that pesky IR.

Interesting. Not everyone has a surround sound system with a DVD player and who knows what other devices. If you're an older person, a remote with all the bells and whistles may seem a little intimidating.

But...is it just me, or does that pause button look slightly creepy? It's like it's doing the "smiley face Wal-Mart" thing, but with the eyes being vertical it brings out the creep factor.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Darknessrise - Where did you get the image of the remote? Can you scroll on it and bring up the lower third, so we can see those buttons? I tried to see it on the links that you provided. I can tell it has number, but that is all I can see.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
Darknessrise - Where did you get the image of the remote? Can you scroll on it and bring up the lower third, so we can see those buttons? I tried to see it on the links that you provided. I can tell it has number, but that is all I can see.

I just got the image by taking a print screen of the remote in the video and cropping it. I haven't found anywhere where there's a clear picture of the bottom. I got a quick print screen of it from the first video, but it's very blurry(due to the fast motion of the video when it zooms back out). I wonder if this is just a prototype remote or something though. I say that since I noticed that between both of the two videos, one has the top green button as "My Multiview" and another shows it as "Recordings"

4.jpg

3.jpg

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

This remote is now shown on the U-verse app "Add New Receiver" page.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

10 years ago

I can appreciate newer remotes but my family had to move to a Harmony One years ago to many electronics in the living room with way to many remotes on the coffee table .

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

This remote has now also been featured in a Youtube video by AT&T(at around 32ish seconds):

It's a little hard to see, but if you look really close you can see that the remote is not the current one.

I would not attach too much signficance to a prop in a video ad.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I stand corrected.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.