Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 1, 2013
8:04:55 PM
View profile
My RC64RB remote is not working well, so I purchased a new one: RC66RBX remote. I cannot connect the receiver to the remote; is this due to the antenna that is connected with the first remote?

I would prefer not to disconnect the antenna as we have another TV with another remote that uses that receiver and needs the antenna to operate.   

I would prefer not to disconnect the antenna as we have another TV with another remote that uses that receiver and needs the antenna to operate.   

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 1, 2013 9:15:41 PM
(0)
Professor

With the receiver in RF mode, simply entering a 5 digit code will no work, do the following:

1. dtv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

5. enter 9 6 1

6. press CH UP

7. enter last 6 digits of Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment

8. press SELECT

Accepted Solution

My RC64RB remote is not working well, so I purchased a new one: RC66RBX remote. I cannot connect the receiver to the remote; is this due to the antenna that is connected with the first remote?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 8:24:06 PM
(0)
Employee

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My RC64RB remote is not working well, so I purchased a new one: RC66RBX remote.  I cannot connect the receiver to the remote; is this due to the antenna that is connected with the first remote?

2 of 4 (80 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 1, 2013 9:15:41 PM
(0)
Professor

With the receiver in RF mode, simply entering a 5 digit code will no work, do the following:

1. dtv

3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

5. enter 9 6 1

6. press CH UP

7. enter last 6 digits of Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment

8. press SELECT

1. dtv

3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

5. enter 9 6 1

6. press CH UP

8. press SELECT

Re: My RC64RB remote is not working well, so I purchased a new one: RC66RBX remote. I cannot connect the receiver to the remote; is this due to the antenna that is connected with the first remote?

3 of 4 (80 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 4:41:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you!!  This worked!! 

Thank you!!  This worked!! 

Re: My RC64RB remote is not working well, so I purchased a new one: RC66RBX remote. I cannot connect the receiver to the remote; is this due to the antenna that is connected with the first remote?

4 of 4 (80 Views)