Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 5, 2014
6:35:29 AM
My DVR is not automatically programming my remote and is giving me an error message.

I just bought a RC66RBX remote and have tried to program it to control my Samsung television.  I keep receiving an error message when my HR24- 100 receiver tries to auto program.  It says that my remote could not be set up.  Is there something I am missing or is this a problem with newer remotes?

Few notes:

I am following receiver directions.

I do know the specific model number of the TV.

The remote does work with the receiver.

I have reset the receiver.

I just bought a RC66RBX remote and have tried to program it to control my Samsung television.  I keep receiving an error message when my HR24- 100 receiver tries to auto program.  It says that my remote could not be set up.  Is there something I am missing or is this a problem with newer remotes?

Few notes:

I am following receiver directions.

I do know the specific model number of the TV.

The remote does work with the receiver.

I have reset the receiver.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 5, 2014 7:17:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Move slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10812

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

My DVR is not automatically programming my remote and is giving me an error message.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 5, 2014 7:17:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Move slide switch to TV

2. Enter 10812

Move slide switch to TV

2. Enter 10812

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My DVR is not automatically programming my remote and is giving me an error message.

2 of 2 (3 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments