Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 6, 2014
7:17:07 PM
Just bought a RC66RBX replacement remote for my dead RC65X.

On the old one, I could pwr on/off both the tv and receiver at the same time. Using the same code (11454), I can now only pwr them both on one at a time. What am I doing wrong here? Many thanks, any info would be appreciated.

On the old one, I could pwr on/off both the tv and receiver at the same time. Using the same code (11454), I can now only pwr them both on one at a time. What am I doing wrong here? Many thanks, any info would be appreciated.

Just bought a RC66RBX replacement remote for my dead RC65X.

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 7:25:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what is the make of your TV?

what is the make of your TV?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Just bought a RC66RBX replacement remote for my dead RC65X.

2 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 7:33:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

It's a 42" Phillips. Model # 42PFL5332/D37.

The DirecTV receiver is a H21/100.

It's a 42" Phillips. Model # 42PFL5332/D37.

The DirecTV receiver is a H21/100.

3 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 9:10:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

try 10054

try 10054

4 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 9:21:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks mbky040890, I'll try that one tomorrow.

I've tried all the codes in the book, but I find myself having to use the slide switch at the top to turn off the tv after I have used the off button to turn off the receiver.

Thanks mbky040890, I'll try that one tomorrow.

I've tried all the codes in the book, but I find myself having to use the slide switch at the top to turn off the tv after I have used the off button to turn off the receiver.

5 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2014 11:48:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just to be sure here, you are using the on and off buttons on the right side of the remote correct? Also what model receiver do you have? Also if that code doesnt work you can try going into the menu, settings, Remote control, program remote, Tv, and follow the onscreen instructions which will possibly program the remote itself to the tv.  Keep us updated and we will get you going like before.

There is a couple models of tvs (there is a few brands/models I forget all/which ones off hand) unfortunately that you do have to use the slider on for it to work the power, but as you have mentioned your model tv has worked correctly before so we will get you going.

Just to be sure here, you are using the on and off buttons on the right side of the remote correct? Also what model receiver do you have? Also if that code doesnt work you can try going into the menu, settings, Remote control, program remote, Tv, and follow the onscreen instructions which will possibly program the remote itself to the tv.  Keep us updated and we will get you going like before.

There is a couple models of tvs (there is a few brands/models I forget all/which ones off hand) unfortunately that you do have to use the slider on for it to work the power, but as you have mentioned your model tv has worked correctly before so we will get you going.

6 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 12:08:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes.....you are correct, the on/off buttons on the right side are the ones I'm using.

The tv is a 42" Phillips and the DirecTV receiver is a H21/100.

Yes.....you are correct, the on/off buttons on the right side are the ones I'm using.

The tv is a 42" Phillips and the DirecTV receiver is a H21/100.

7 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 12:14:55 PM
(0)
Guru

I would do a code search with the remote hold mute select wait for flashes then 991 flashes 1

Then channel up everytime you press channel up it will throw out a new code

When the TV turn off try the on off buttons reapeat until success

I would do a code search with the remote hold mute select wait for flashes then 991 flashes 1

Then channel up everytime you press channel up it will throw out a new code

When the TV turn off try the on off buttons reapeat until success

8 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 3:04:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

10054 is on the money.

Slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10054

Enjoy!

10054 is on the money.

Slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10054

Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 10 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 5:24:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

10054 worked, but right now it powers both the receiver and tv off , and just the receiver on; ti turn the tv on, I have to push the slider to tv. This is probably the closest I'll get to having it like it was on the old remote.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions

10054 worked, but right now it powers both the receiver and tv off , and just the receiver on; ti turn the tv on, I have to push the slider to tv. This is probably the closest I'll get to having it like it was on the old remote.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions

10 of 10 (12 Views)