Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 3, 2014
7:46:17 AM
Is there an RC64/RC66 remote code for a Yamaha R-S500 Stereo receiver ?

Hi,

I have tried all of the listed DirecTV Yamaha codes and none of them work. Has anyone gotten this stereo to work with a DirecTV remote ?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

I have tried all of the listed DirecTV Yamaha codes and none of them work. Has anyone gotten this stereo to work with a DirecTV remote ?

Thanks,

Bob

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 5, 2014 11:25:28 AM
(0)
Expert

dtvuser2013 wrote:

Yes but if the right code is sent the av will power it self off in most cases

Yes, but the Volume Up will work in ALL cases, if the proper code is available.  These forums work best if we (those that offer advice) work together, and if a subsequent post improves on a prior response, then that is a good thing.  No need to "defend" one response when it can be improved on.

rfsemrau,  Regardless of what you've read here, I'd urge you to press the Volume Up command as you search.  If you don't enter a test command, you'll never know if you found the right code and bypassed it.

Accepted Solution

Is there an RC64/RC66 remote code for a Yamaha R-S500 Stereo receiver ?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 7:58:45 AM
(0)
Guru

You can try this slide bar to av1 the press and hold mute and select wait for flashes 991 wait for flash 3 then channel up repeatedly until stereo powers off. Once it powers off its programmed

You can try this slide bar to av1 the press and hold mute and select wait for flashes 991 wait for flash 3 then channel up repeatedly until stereo powers off. Once it powers off its programmed

Re: Is there an RC64/RC66 remote code for a Yamaha R-S500 Stereo receiver ?

2 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 8:00:48 AM
(0)
Guru

Then press and hold mute and select wait for flashes 993 select with slider in av1 position

Then press and hold mute and select wait for flashes 993 select with slider in av1 position

3 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 9:22:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You keep missing the "test" command in this case PWR, but I would never use power as a test command for an AVR as not all are supported, the VOL UP command would be better

You keep missing the "test" command in this case PWR, but I would never use power as a test command for an AVR as not all are supported, the VOL UP command would be better

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 9:30:14 AM
(0)
Guru

5 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 12:57:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nope.  you need a  test command... lol

Nope.  you need a  test command... lol

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 3:51:29 PM
(0)
Guru

No you dont lol I do it every day but your input is appreciated

No you dont lol I do it every day but your input is appreciated

7 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:19:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried that and never got it to respond.

I tried that and never got it to respond.

8 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:21:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

My old stereo, a Pioneer, responded to power commands, and if possible I would like this one to as well. It's own remote has power commands.

My old stereo, a Pioneer, responded to power commands, and if possible I would like this one to as well. It's own remote has power commands.

9 of 11 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 5, 2014 11:25:28 AM
(0)
Expert

dtvuser2013 wrote:

Yes, but the Volume Up will work in ALL cases, if the proper code is available.  These forums work best if we (those that offer advice) work together, and if a subsequent post improves on a prior response, then that is a good thing.  No need to "defend" one response when it can be improved on.

rfsemrau,  Regardless of what you've read here, I'd urge you to press the Volume Up command as you search.  If you don't enter a test command, you'll never know if you found the right code and bypassed it.

dtvuser2013 wrote:

10 of 11 (21 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:31:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Once I started using Mute as the test command I found a code that worked for Mute and Volume Up and Down - 30354. Interestingly enough, we just upgraded to HD and the RC66X would not accept this code, even though it accepted other codes for our TV and DVD recorder. I ran the onscreen remote programming and it had the stereo listed and was able to also power it on and off. I tried to progam one of our RC64's this way and it just showed the same old codes that I had in my old remote manual.

Thanks,

Bob

Once I started using Mute as the test command I found a code that worked for Mute and Volume Up and Down - 30354. Interestingly enough, we just upgraded to HD and the RC66X would not accept this code, even though it accepted other codes for our TV and DVD recorder. I ran the onscreen remote programming and it had the stereo listed and was able to also power it on and off. I tried to progam one of our RC64's this way and it just showed the same old codes that I had in my old remote manual.

Thanks,

Bob

11 of 11 (21 Views)