Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2013
1:48:10 AM
View profile
I want to connect my genie to my surround sound and control it with the RC71 remote.

I just upgraded to the new Genie and I want to connect it to my surround sound receiver. The genie comes with a digital optical out that I can connect to my surround sound. My question is, can the remote control the voume thru this output? I need it as simple as it can be for my wife. Just hoping that this signal would raise or lower the volume with the volume button on the RC71 remote.

I just upgraded to the new Genie and I want to connect it to my surround sound receiver. The genie comes with a digital optical out that I can connect to my surround sound. My question is, can the remote control the voume thru this output? I need it as simple as it can be for my wife. Just hoping that this signal would raise or lower the volume with the volume button on the RC71 remote.

I want to connect my genie to my surround sound and control it with the RC71 remote.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 9:50:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The Genie Remote should be able to be programmed to control the volume on your Surround Sound Receiver, even if you use the digital optical connection.

The Genie Remote should be able to be programmed to control the volume on your Surround Sound Receiver, even if you use the digital optical connection.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I want to connect my genie to my surround sound and control it with the RC71 remote.

2 of 3 (62 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 4:37:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just follow the On Screen instructions under Remote Control

Just follow the On Screen instructions under Remote Control

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I want to connect my genie to my surround sound and control it with the RC71 remote.

3 of 3 (62 Views)