Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Jan 4, 2014
3:18:53 PM
I cannot program my RC71 to control my Samsung TV or control the volume on my Yamaha receiver.

I have Reset the Remote, several times, and tried to Program the RC71 but it just gets stuck in the Remote Not Programmed loop.

I have an HR44 Genie, Samsung TV and Yamaha Rx-V765 receiver. I know the RC71 will not turn the Yamaha on/off but it did control the volume when I first got DirectTV.

I can not find any real solutions for this so any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lynn

I have Reset the Remote, several times, and tried to Program the RC71 but it just gets stuck in the Remote Not Programmed loop.

I have an HR44 Genie, Samsung TV and Yamaha Rx-V765 receiver. I know the RC71 will not turn the Yamaha on/off but it did control the volume when I first got DirectTV.

I can not find any real solutions for this so any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lynn

I cannot program my RC71 to control my Samsung TV or control the volume on my Yamaha receiver.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 3:59:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try pressing and holding MUTE and ENTER for a few seconds then repeat the remote set up again

Try pressing and holding MUTE and ENTER for a few seconds then repeat the remote set up again

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I cannot program my RC71 to control my Samsung TV or control the volume on my Yamaha receiver.

2 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 5:57:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried that no fewer than a dozen times and it does the same thing every time.

Applying RF/IR Setup. Please Wait...

Then it says:

"There was a problem setting your remote to work with your receiver. Try Again or Select "RF Setup" for instructions."

I hit RF Setup: I follow the instructions on that screen and it does nothing but sit there with the RF Setup Instructions on the screen even after I do what it says.

It says "If receiver doesn't respond Repeat" and it does the same thing when I repeat.

It is controlling my HR44 but it will not let me program it to control my TV. Smiley Sad

I have tried that no fewer than a dozen times and it does the same thing every time.

Applying RF/IR Setup. Please Wait...

Then it says:

"There was a problem setting your remote to work with your receiver. Try Again or Select "RF Setup" for instructions."

I hit RF Setup: I follow the instructions on that screen and it does nothing but sit there with the RF Setup Instructions on the screen even after I do what it says.

It says "If receiver doesn't respond Repeat" and it does the same thing when I repeat.

It is controlling my HR44 but it will not let me program it to control my TV. Smiley Sad

Re: I cannot program my RC71 to control my Samsung TV or control the volume on my Yamaha receiver.

3 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:01:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Make sure the HR44 is in line if sight of the remote and open any cabinet doors. then try again

Make sure the HR44 is in line if sight of the remote and open any cabinet doors. then try again

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:16:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have sat 3 feet in front of the HR44 to make sure there is no interference and it still does the same thing. Smiley Sad

I have sat 3 feet in front of the HR44 to make sure there is no interference and it still does the same thing. Smiley Sad

5 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:41:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I Reset the Receiver and then reprogrammed the remote and finally got it to work!

Once I Reset the HR44 the instructions worked just like they should have.

Thanks for the help!

I Reset the Receiver and then reprogrammed the remote and finally got it to work!

Once I Reset the HR44 the instructions worked just like they should have.

Thanks for the help!

6 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:48:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

7 of 8 (28 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2015 8:27:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Love this forum.  New user trying to connect same.  Waiting on electrician to do some work and hope to have success when finished.  Thanks for your advice!!!

Love this forum.  New user trying to connect same.  Waiting on electrician to do some work and hope to have success when finished.  Thanks for your advice!!!

8 of 8 (28 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments