Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Dec 9, 2013
8:46:22 AM
View profile
How to use remote for a Vizio?

Hi. I have a Vizio, model M470SL. The remote is a Direct TV model RC65X. I have some movies on my external hard drive that I want to watch on my Vizio. I can see and play the movies. The problem is that when I go to full screen to watch the video, I can't go back to the menu screen. I can't exit full screen. I can only pause and that's it. None of the other buttons work. If I press Exit, then it closes the whole media section, and I go back to regular TV.

After I have a movie in full screen, how can I go back to the menu? Thanks.

Hi. I have a Vizio, model M470SL. The remote is a Direct TV model RC65X. I have some movies on my external hard drive that I want to watch on my Vizio. I can see and play the movies. The problem is that when I go to full screen to watch the video, I can't go back to the menu screen. I can't exit full screen. I can only pause and that's it. None of the other buttons work. If I press Exit, then it closes the whole media section, and I go back to regular TV.

After I have a movie in full screen, how can I go back to the menu? Thanks.

How to use remote for a Vizio?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 9:35:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
You might want to pst this question on the Vizio support forums as this is not DirecTV related 
You might want to pst this question on the Vizio support forums as this is not DirecTV related 
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to use remote for a Vizio?

2 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 11:24:50 AM
(0)
Expert

Is this external hard drive connected to your computer?  If not, where is it connected.  I'm trying to understand if you are using Mediashare to watch these movies?

Is this external hard drive connected to your computer?  If not, where is it connected.  I'm trying to understand if you are using Mediashare to watch these movies?

3 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 1:42:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I connect the hard drive to the TV via USB. From there the TV asks if you want to browse the content. Then it shows a menu of all the movies on the hard drive.

I connect the hard drive to the TV via USB. From there the TV asks if you want to browse the content. Then it shows a menu of all the movies on the hard drive.

4 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 1:48:12 PM
(0)
Expert

In that event the Directv installation is not involved so I second the Pedsa48 recommendation.

In that event the Directv installation is not involved so I second the Pedsa48 recommendation.

5 of 5 (0 Views)