Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 15, 2012
12:22:53 AM
View profile
How to program the remote to only disable the Power button for TV?

Hi All,

Can someone please help me out.  I'm new to this U-verse.

I already programmed my remote to work with my Sony TV.

Basically I just want my Power button to power off the receiver, not the TV.  But I want the volume and TV/Video buttons to work for the TV.  Alot of time I just want to turn off the receiver but still want my TV to be ON.  Thanks.

Hi All,

Can someone please help me out.  I'm new to this U-verse.

I already programmed my remote to work with my Sony TV.

Basically I just want my Power button to power off the receiver, not the TV.  But I want the volume and TV/Video buttons to work for the TV.  Alot of time I just want to turn off the receiver but still want my TV to be ON.  Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2012 4:37:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kurttong - The code for power control is 977.

Press att/ok together - them 977 - then enter (to save). The power will only toggle the mode you are in - STB power is toggled only in att mode.

If you want to return to multiple devices - use the same sequence, but between 977 and enter press all the mode keys you want to control, starting with att.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How to program the remote to only disable the Power button for TV?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2012 4:37:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Press att/ok together - them 977 - then enter (to save). The power will only toggle the mode you are in - STB power is toggled only in att mode.

If you want to return to multiple devices - use the same sequence, but between 977 and enter press all the mode keys you want to control, starting with att.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to program the remote to only disable the Power button for TV?

2 of 3 (1,798 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 12:25:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, that works like a charm.

Thanks, that works like a charm.

Re: How to program the remote to only disable the Power button for TV?

3 of 3 (1,772 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments