Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 15, 2014
10:04:01 PM
View profile
How do I stop the volume control from racing zero to 100?

For no apparent reason, the volume will race from its correct setting right up to 100. Pressing the minus button won't work until it reaches the 100 level and pressing mute won't stop it either. I try and watch TV with the remote control on mute and with the sound coming through a separate amplifier and speaker system, but even then it takes from zero and won't stop. Is my remote control the problem or does my TV have a mind of its own?

For no apparent reason, the volume will race from its correct setting right up to 100. Pressing the minus button won't work until it reaches the 100 level and pressing mute won't stop it either. I try and watch TV with the remote control on mute and with the sound coming through a separate amplifier and speaker system, but even then it takes from zero and won't stop. Is my remote control the problem or does my TV have a mind of its own?

How do I stop the volume control from racing zero to 100?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 3:03:24 AM
(0)
Expert

What model of Directv receiver and remote do you have?  How is the system connected?  From the receiver to the sound system and then on to the TV or is it connected directly to the TV and then on to the sound system?  What type cables are you using.

What model of Directv receiver and remote do you have?  How is the system connected?  From the receiver to the sound system and then on to the TV or is it connected directly to the TV and then on to the sound system?  What type cables are you using.

Re: How do I stop the volume control from racing zero to 100?

2 of 2 (0 Views)