Choose the one you want and Save. Smiley Wink

Chris

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure when it started, but I wanted to share the functionality for captions on/off IS NOW ONE BUTTON, ONE TOUCH!  Press the red "C" button on your remote, and presto!

I especially want to give credit to ATT Uverse and specifically, CEO Randall Stephenson and Jennifer Strohl in his office for their tremendous commitment to making CCs truly functional for deaf and hard-of-hearing customers.

In 2011, I sent a letter to Mr. Stephenson, asking for his help with making this service more usable.  At the time of my writing, it took 24 clicks to turn captions on and 23 to turn them off.  Last fall, we discovered the Zoom button mentioned in earlier posts, which had significantly improved the number of clicks.  Only this week, we discovered, by accident, that the red "C" button now works -- exactly as we had specifically requested it might when we wrote back in 2011. 

As the spouse of a hard-of-hearing person, I am strenuous in my efforts to get companies and broadcasters to improve CC functionality in all ways -- and UVerse has come through in flying colors.  I am grateful - and delighted - to see ATT's commitment to inclusion in this specific instance.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hi mimigram

Just checking up on your post. The instructions that mibrnsurg provided is exactly how to enable closed captioning on our U-verse TV boxes. Were you able to enable closed captioning on your TV? Feel free to let us know if you need additional assistance and we'll be glad to lend a hand. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

is there not something easier to turn it on and off??

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Under the latest upgrade, can just push Enter/Zoom button in lower right, then scroll down to Closed Captions, click and turn On/Off . Smiley Wink

Chris

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the last two button pushes serve no function (except to require two extra pushes)?  In fact, with essentially the indentical menu, it could have been done in two or three button pushes, depending on which should be easier: cc or favorites.  Not surprising, since the entire menu system demonstrates most known bad programmiong technques.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@erikrose wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the last two button pushes serve no function (except to require two extra pushes)?  In fact, with essentially the indentical menu, it could have been done in two or three button pushes, depending on which should be easier: cc or favorites.  Not surprising, since the entire menu system demonstrates most known bad programmiong technques.

Not everyone likes "blind toggle" (though I would).  I think U-verse subscribers who use CC are so happy that the number of steps has been cut by nearly 75% that they're willing to live with this.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@ar-gal   It's been here for weeks since the last upgrade when all the fonts, etc changed. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

The "red button CC" was added a month or two ago. 

It's a shame that tptb don't give some sort of notice for a feature that makes like simpler for many customers.  It's sad to think that some customers may have just now found out about it or perhaps STILL don't know it exists.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

9 years ago

@ar-gal wrote:

Not sure when it started, but I wanted to share the functionality for captions on/off IS NOW ONE BUTTON, ONE TOUCH!  Press the red "C" button on your remote, and presto!

I especially want to give credit to ATT Uverse and specifically, CEO Randall Stephenson and Jennifer Strohl in his office for their tremendous commitment to making CCs truly functional for deaf and hard-of-hearing customers.

In 2011, I sent a letter to Mr. Stephenson, asking for his help with making this service more usable.  At the time of my writing, it took 24 clicks to turn captions on and 23 to turn them off.  Last fall, we discovered the Zoom button mentioned in earlier posts, which had significantly improved the number of clicks.  Only this week, we discovered, by accident, that the red "C" button now works -- exactly as we had specifically requested it might when we wrote back in 2011. 

As the spouse of a hard-of-hearing person, I am strenuous in my efforts to get companies and broadcasters to improve CC functionality in all ways -- and UVerse has come through in flying colors.  I am grateful - and delighted - to see ATT's commitment to inclusion in this specific instance.

In addition, would like to see the CC remain on the screen when you hit :"Pause" button.  It disappears now.  It worked with Cox Cable.

chiefdore

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.