Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 14, 2011
12:00:51 PM
View profile
How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?
AT&T: the remote control for one of my U-Verse Cisco boxes is failing - 'volume down' no longer works. I'm sure it's the remote that is failing. How do I get a replacement without trying to navigate your VRU and/or speaking to somebody in India? d.v.v.
AT&T: the remote control for one of my U-Verse Cisco boxes is failing - 'volume down' no longer works. I'm sure it's the remote that is failing. How do I get a replacement without trying to navigate your VRU and/or speaking to somebody in India? d.v.v.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2011 11:15:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You need to call, use the instructions in my sig and they should be able to send you one.

A work around I found is to press the TV button and then the R/L  arrows become volume control on my Panasonic plasma.  Push the ATT button and control is returned to Uverse. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 14, 2011 11:15:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You need to call, use the instructions in my sig and they should be able to send you one.

A work around I found is to press the TV button and then the R/L  arrows become volume control on my Panasonic plasma.  Push the ATT button and control is returned to Uverse. Smiley Wink

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?

2 of 6 (13,565 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 2:46:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I called cs and requested new remote controls.  I got four since I have four stbs.

I called cs and requested new remote controls.  I got four since I have four stbs.

3 of 6 (13,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 5:45:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
The work-around works; thank you!
I suppose I'll need to call & battle the voice response unit!
The work-around works; thank you!
I suppose I'll need to call & battle the voice response unit!

4 of 6 (13,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 11:23:48 AM
(0)
Professor
(800) 983-2811

Try that number.
(800) 983-2811

Try that number.

5 of 6 (13,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 1:28:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That's a direct # to CS open 8-5 EST today and M-F 8-7. Smiley Wink

Chris

That's a direct # to CS open 8-5 EST today and M-F 8-7. Smiley Wink

Chris

6 of 6 (13,498 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments