Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Feb 13, 2014
6:02:39 PM
How can i configure the RC66 remote...

...from a HR22-100 receiver, for use with my Klipsch SB 120 sound bar?  Klipsch is not even listed under Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote > AV1 > Audio Equipment.

...from a HR22-100 receiver, for use with my Klipsch SB 120 sound bar?  Klipsch is not even listed under Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote > AV1 > Audio Equipment.

How can i configure the RC66 remote...

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 6:52:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What is the remote's full model number?  I suspect it won't have the appropriate Soundbar codes when programmed using an HR22 HD DVR.

What is the remote's full model number?  I suspect it won't have the appropriate Soundbar codes when programmed using an HR22 HD DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can i configure the RC66 remote...

2 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:16:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Do I find the whole number under the batteries? If so, there is a tag

under the battery that reads: RC1984746/01B. Is that model # we need?

On Feb 13, 2014 7:52 PM, "litzdog911" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

Do I find the whole number under the batteries? If so, there is a tag

under the battery that reads: RC1984746/01B. Is that model # we need?

On Feb 13, 2014 7:52 PM, "litzdog911" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

3 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:56:45 AM
(0)
Expert

The remote's model number is on the face of the remote, upper left corner.  It typically has some letters and/or numbers following the basic number.

The remote's model number is on the face of the remote, upper left corner.  It typically has some letters and/or numbers following the basic number.

4 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 8:51:04 AM
(0)
Guru

Maybe easy to hook your soundvar up with hdmi to the hdmi port listed arc on your tv if your tv is newer when your turn the tv up it will turn the soundbar up instead.

I have not had much success programming non genie remotes to soundbars

Maybe easy to hook your soundvar up with hdmi to the hdmi port listed arc on your tv if your tv is newer when your turn the tv up it will turn the soundbar up instead.

I have not had much success programming non genie remotes to soundbars

5 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 10:37:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

HDMI-CEC and HDMI-ARC are two different things

HDMI-CEC and HDMI-ARC are two different things

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 11:08:33 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes as I said if his tv is newer it will probally have that feature anyway hook it up arc and give it a whirl

Yes as I said if his tv is newer it will probally have that feature anyway hook it up arc and give it a whirl

7 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 11:12:57 AM
(0)
Guru

It will work or it wont but as stated cec

Is diffrent tec your sound bar and tv must be capable of this but most newer equipment is

It will work or it wont but as stated cec

Is diffrent tec your sound bar and tv must be capable of this but most newer equipment is

8 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 5:02:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

RC66 is the full model number then, that it all that is printed in the upper left corner of the remote.

RC66 is the full model number then, that it all that is printed in the upper left corner of the remote.

9 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 5:22:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

The Klipsch SB 120 Sound Bar does not have an HDMI out, only standard RCA out or Optical Digital out.  I am using the Optical Digital out.  I had the RC66 remote configured to raise the volume on my TV, but when I take the audio out from the TV and run it into the Sound Bar, the volumn control on the RC66 seems to do nothing except that you can see the analog indicator on the TV show that the volumn is being raised.  The issue is getting the RC66 to send a signal to the Sound Bar itself and not the TV.  Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

The Klipsch SB 120 Sound Bar does not have an HDMI out, only standard RCA out or Optical Digital out.  I am using the Optical Digital out.  I had the RC66 remote configured to raise the volume on my TV, but when I take the audio out from the TV and run it into the Sound Bar, the volumn control on the RC66 seems to do nothing except that you can see the analog indicator on the TV show that the volumn is being raised.  The issue is getting the RC66 to send a signal to the Sound Bar itself and not the TV.  Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

10 of 11 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 5:36:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

kwatts13 wrote:

Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

I think you hit the nail on the head.  you might have to upgrade to a better universal remote control.

kwatts13 wrote:

Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

I think you hit the nail on the head.  you might have to upgrade to a better universal remote control.

11 of 11 (49 Views)