Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 7, 2014
5:25:16 AM
View profile
How can I separately control several d12 receivers that are close to each other like a dialysis clinic?

I have a clinic with 20 d12 receiver. They are on TV sets and they are close to each other. I need to code every other remote dif so that one patient doesnt change the ch on the next patients receiver. How can that be done? Are there multiple codes for a d12-receiver and how do I code the receiver?

I have a clinic with 20 d12 receiver. They are on TV sets and they are close to each other. I need to code every other remote dif so that one patient doesnt change the ch on the next patients receiver. How can that be done? Are there multiple codes for a d12-receiver and how do I code the receiver?

How can I separately control several d12 receivers that are close to each other like a dialysis clinic?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 7:35:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There is no way with D12 receivers

There is no way with D12 receivers

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I separately control several d12 receivers that are close to each other like a dialysis clinic?

2 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 3:58:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

All D12 receivers use the same IR code and there is no way to separate them. If you have HD receivers like the H25, these work on RF as well as IR, and have a different RF address for each receiver.

All D12 receivers use the same IR code and there is no way to separate them. If you have HD receivers like the H25, these work on RF as well as IR, and have a different RF address for each receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I separately control several d12 receivers that are close to each other like a dialysis clinic?

3 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 5:28:24 PM
(0)
Professor

You can try taping a piece of cardboard to the side of the receiver extending beyond the IR sensor under the DTV logo to block the other remotes signal or maybe blue painters tape on the sensor itself.

You can try taping a piece of cardboard to the side of the receiver extending beyond the IR sensor under the DTV logo to block the other remotes signal or maybe blue painters tape on the sensor itself.

4 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 2:48:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

there actually is a way, though it may not completely solve your problem, it can certainly help. linked below is a forum post on Satellite Guys that explains how to do the setup, but in case the URL is redacted from my post, I'll copy and paste the steps.

2 D12-700 within IR line-of-sight | SatelliteGuys

from user Libra on that post: "Go into menu/settings/setup, and then scroll down to remote. In there, go to receiver mode, and change the mode from Directv to AV1 or AV2. From there, you will need to have the remote reprogrammed. Keep the remote on the Directv button, and hold mute and select for 5 seconds. Try the following remote codes, as they should allow the two receivers to operate on two different IR frequencies. 00002, 00003. This should only need to be done to one receiver and remote, and make sure the other receiver is shut off/unplugged to avoid programming both on accident."

This will allow you to have up to three IR receivers right by each other without an issue, so perhaps you can rearrange your receivers into groups of three that are separated from each other. another option you may consider is putting all receivers in a central location and getting some IR extenders (like this: New IR Infrared Remote Control Repeater Emitter Extender Adapter System Kit - Rakuten.com Shopping) for each tv/receiver.

there actually is a way, though it may not completely solve your problem, it can certainly help. linked below is a forum post on Satellite Guys that explains how to do the setup, but in case the URL is redacted from my post, I'll copy and paste the steps.

2 D12-700 within IR line-of-sight | SatelliteGuys

from user Libra on that post: "Go into menu/settings/setup, and then scroll down to remote. In there, go to receiver mode, and change the mode from Directv to AV1 or AV2. From there, you will need to have the remote reprogrammed. Keep the remote on the Directv button, and hold mute and select for 5 seconds. Try the following remote codes, as they should allow the two receivers to operate on two different IR frequencies. 00002, 00003. This should only need to be done to one receiver and remote, and make sure the other receiver is shut off/unplugged to avoid programming both on accident."

This will allow you to have up to three IR receivers right by each other without an issue, so perhaps you can rearrange your receivers into groups of three that are separated from each other. another option you may consider is putting all receivers in a central location and getting some IR extenders (like this: New IR Infrared Remote Control Repeater Emitter Extender Adapter System Kit - Rakuten.com Shopping) for each tv/receiver.

5 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 9:32:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I wonder if this still applies as that thread is 5 years old! And a lot has changed since.

I wonder if this still applies as that thread is 5 years old! And a lot has changed since.

6 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 9:35:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, it is still the same  just had a setup in a restaurant a couple weeks ago that was set up the same way. Not a lot has changed in d series receivers.

Yes, it is still the same  just had a setup in a restaurant a couple weeks ago that was set up the same way. Not a lot has changed in d series receivers.

7 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 7:40:37 PM
(0)
Professor

The D12 only knows two addresses 00001(Directv in the menu), and 00002(AV1/AV2 in the menu).

The D12 only knows two addresses 00001(Directv in the menu), and 00002(AV1/AV2 in the menu).

8 of 9 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2015 7:11:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

The d12 can work under two IR codes for DTV  00001 and 00002

Normally set for 00001 you set it to code 00002 by moving the top slide to AV1...press MUTE and SELECT till you get blinks...then press00002

With the switch in the AV1 position, you now have control via code 0002 and a receiver located next to this one will not react to IR 00002 codes.

TAH DAH!

The d12 can work under two IR codes for DTV  00001 and 00002

Normally set for 00001 you set it to code 00002 by moving the top slide to AV1...press MUTE and SELECT till you get blinks...then press00002

With the switch in the AV1 position, you now have control via code 0002 and a receiver located next to this one will not react to IR 00002 codes.

TAH DAH!

9 of 9 (11 Views)