Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2014
11:05:15 PM
View profile
Help with TV and direct TV remote

My dad lost the direct tv control of the tv in his room and he hasn't found it yet. So he took my room's tv control to try to turn on his tv and it worked. But now when I tried to turn on my tv it won't work. What can I do? :smileyconfused::smileyangry:

My dad lost the direct tv control of the tv in his room and he hasn't found it yet. So he took my room's tv control to try to turn on his tv and it worked. But now when I tried to turn on my tv it won't work. What can I do? :smileyconfused::smileyangry:

Help with TV and direct TV remote

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 11:12:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

He must have reprogrammed your remote to his TV's codes.  Are they same brand/model TV?  You'll probably need to reprogram the remote back to your brand/model TV.

If that doesn't help, post back with more details about your remote model number and TV model number and DirecTV Receiver/DVR model number.

He must have reprogrammed your remote to his TV's codes.  Are they same brand/model TV?  You'll probably need to reprogram the remote back to your brand/model TV.

If that doesn't help, post back with more details about your remote model number and TV model number and DirecTV Receiver/DVR model number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help with TV and direct TV remote

2 of 2 (10 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments