Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 12, 2012
1:00:26 PM
View profile
Help using remote volume button with Vizio Sound Bar (VHT215)

I need help programming my RC65R remote to control the volume of my Vizio Sound Bar (VHT215). I have been able to program my remote to turn the Sound Bar on and off with the Vizio audio codes and 993, but can not figure out how to get it to control the volume as well.

Any help would be appreciated! TIA

I need help programming my RC65R remote to control the volume of my Vizio Sound Bar (VHT215). I have been able to program my remote to turn the Sound Bar on and off with the Vizio audio codes and 993, but can not figure out how to get it to control the volume as well.

Any help would be appreciated! TIA

Help using remote volume button with Vizio Sound Bar (VHT215)

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 1:09:07 PM
(0)
Professor

When you programmed in 993, did you press the Select Button ?

Do you have the TV already programmed into the remote ?

Must program the TV and then the sound bar.

When you programmed in 993, did you press the Select Button ?

Do you have the TV already programmed into the remote ?

Must program the TV and then the sound bar.

Re: Help using remote volume button with Vizio Sound Bar (VHT215)

2 of 5 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 1:30:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hadn't pressed select. It now controls the volume. Thanks! When the top slider is in the left position (Direct Receiver Mode), it still controls my TV volume instead of the sound bar volume. Is there any way to get it to control the volume without sliding over to AV2?

I hadn't pressed select. It now controls the volume. Thanks! When the top slider is in the left position (Direct Receiver Mode), it still controls my TV volume instead of the sound bar volume. Is there any way to get it to control the volume without sliding over to AV2?

3 of 5 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 7:14:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

from what I am reading here it appears this remote is capable of controlling the volume on an audio receiver- I thought I read here a few years ago that you could only turn the receiver off and on- so could you please provide additional details on how to do this.  I have  an hd dvr - i think it is  a  h23? And currently  have my audio system on AV 2

thanks as always  for you timely  and informative  answers- I read most of these daily  just  to pick up tid  bits

from what I am reading here it appears this remote is capable of controlling the volume on an audio receiver- I thought I read here a few years ago that you could only turn the receiver off and on- so could you please provide additional details on how to do this.  I have  an hd dvr - i think it is  a  h23? And currently  have my audio system on AV 2

thanks as always  for you timely  and informative  answers- I read most of these daily  just  to pick up tid  bits

4 of 5 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 7:24:28 AM
(0)
Professor

drums452

With the selector in the DTV spot,

program in 993 and press the Select Button.

Note: You must already have the TV and AV programmed in before doing the above.

drums452

With the selector in the DTV spot,

program in 993 and press the Select Button.

Note: You must already have the TV and AV programmed in before doing the above.

5 of 5 (53 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments