Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2014
10:52:07 PM
View profile
Help programming Onkyo Remote to Control My DirecTV HR-21

I'd like to program my Onkyo Remote to Control My DirecTV HR-21 Receiver. The Onkyo remote is the RC-799M and the Onkyo receiver is the HT-RC430. Basically I need the control code to control the DirecTV HR-21. Thanks in advance....Tim

I'd like to program my Onkyo Remote to Control My DirecTV HR-21 Receiver. The Onkyo remote is the RC-799M and the Onkyo receiver is the HT-RC430. Basically I need the control code to control the DirecTV HR-21. Thanks in advance....Tim

Help programming Onkyo Remote to Control My DirecTV HR-21

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 11:07:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Most AV Receiver remotes do not have codes for DirecTV equipment.  You might have better luck programming the HR21's remote to control your Onkyo.

Most AV Receiver remotes do not have codes for DirecTV equipment.  You might have better luck programming the HR21's remote to control your Onkyo.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help programming Onkyo Remote to Control My DirecTV HR-21

2 of 4 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 7:01:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The only oem remotes with preset code for directv receivers are only made by UEI, same company that makes the Directv remote. And if your onkyo remote were made by UEI, the code would be 1377 or 01377.

The only oem remotes with preset code for directv receivers are only made by UEI, same company that makes the Directv remote. And if your onkyo remote were made by UEI, the code would be 1377 or 01377.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 12:13:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you both for your help!

Thank you both for your help!

4 of 4 (183 Views)