Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 1, 2014
1:20:32 PM
View profile
HR24-100 With RF Remote Problem

I can not get my replacement HR24-100 to work with a RC65R remote in the RF mode. The same remote set up fine on a HR23-700 is the RF mode. I borrowed a friends RC65RX and it would not work either.

Before you asked I first set the DVR to RF mode and then programmed the remote for RF mode. Note: I was able to set it up on the HR23-700 first try!

This HR24-100 replaced another HR23-700 that died.

The reason I what to use RF is that the IR on the HR24-100 is spotty at best and really requires aiming directly at the receiver like no other that we own.

I followed another suggestion and put a piece of blue painters tape over the window on the front of the HR24-100, and IR works better! However I would like to get RF working.

Thanks Chris

I can not get my replacement HR24-100 to work with a RC65R remote in the RF mode. The same remote set up fine on a HR23-700 is the RF mode. I borrowed a friends RC65RX and it would not work either.

Before you asked I first set the DVR to RF mode and then programmed the remote for RF mode. Note: I was able to set it up on the HR23-700 first try!

This HR24-100 replaced another HR23-700 that died.

The reason I what to use RF is that the IR on the HR24-100 is spotty at best and really requires aiming directly at the receiver like no other that we own.

I followed another suggestion and put a piece of blue painters tape over the window on the front of the HR24-100, and IR works better! However I would like to get RF working.

Thanks Chris

HR24-100 With RF Remote Problem

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 3:14:29 PM
(0)
Guru

Try reseting the remote first mute select wait for flashes

Then try rf setup from scratch

Try reseting the remote first mute select wait for flashes

Then try rf setup from scratch

Re: HR24-100 With RF Remote Problem

2 of 4 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 3:53:32 PM
(0)
Professor

With hr24 being a second receiver, are you attempting to program the av1 or av2 device? Those devices won't take the RF remote programming unless it first has an IR code from 00001-00008 programmed to it.

With hr24 being a second receiver, are you attempting to program the av1 or av2 device? Those devices won't take the RF remote programming unless it first has an IR code from 00001-00008 programmed to it.

3 of 4 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 8:01:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well I made another RF remote gain this afternoon. I have a Sharp Aquos 32" TV a friend gave me for my office. He took it out of his motorhome, and it was a great display. It has this large external multi-media box that is remote to the TV. So I took an old RC64R and programmed it for RF on the H20-100 was was able to move the DTV receiver off to the side on a desk/book case. TV IR sensor is on the display, so I can now run this setup without worrying about the separation of the devices. The multi-media box has a TV input, so I have my display on DVI and can use the TV as a second display on a VGA cable.

Now if I can get the HR24-100 working on RF I can install a nice smoked doors to hide it, the router and I bunch of other components in two levels of that entertainment center. I have a couple new RC66RX's coming to start fresh with that challenge.

Chris

Well I made another RF remote gain this afternoon. I have a Sharp Aquos 32" TV a friend gave me for my office. He took it out of his motorhome, and it was a great display. It has this large external multi-media box that is remote to the TV. So I took an old RC64R and programmed it for RF on the H20-100 was was able to move the DTV receiver off to the side on a desk/book case. TV IR sensor is on the display, so I can now run this setup without worrying about the separation of the devices. The multi-media box has a TV input, so I have my display on DVI and can use the TV as a second display on a VGA cable.

Now if I can get the HR24-100 working on RF I can install a nice smoked doors to hide it, the router and I bunch of other components in two levels of that entertainment center. I have a couple new RC66RX's coming to start fresh with that challenge.

Chris

4 of 4 (87 Views)