Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 30, 2014
10:41:59 AM
Directv RC65X remote control code for Sharp LC60LE650U, for discrete power on/off

I programmed my RC65X remote control for a Sharp LC60LE650U tv and while volume works fine, the power on/off buttons don't work correctly. Instead the on button works like a toggle, press 'on' once to turn it on and then press 'on' again to turn it off. Is there any way to have the 'on' and 'off' buttons work correctly with this Sharp tv where only 'on' turns it on and only 'off' turns it off? It's causing confusion now because for example someone picks up the DirecTV remote and presses 'on' and the tv comes on but say the DirecTV receiver missed that button press and remains off. So then the user presses 'on' again on the remote wile making sure to point it right at the DirecTV unit and then the Directv unit comes on but then the tv goes off, because 'on' acts like a power toggle for the tv rather than a discreet power on button.

I programmed my RC65X remote control for a Sharp LC60LE650U tv and while volume works fine, the power on/off buttons don't work correctly. Instead the on button works like a toggle, press 'on' once to turn it on and then press 'on' again to turn it off. Is there any way to have the 'on' and 'off' buttons work correctly with this Sharp tv where only 'on' turns it on and only 'off' turns it off? It's causing confusion now because for example someone picks up the DirecTV remote and presses 'on' and the tv comes on but say the DirecTV receiver missed that button press and remains off. So then the user presses 'on' again on the remote wile making sure to point it right at the DirecTV unit and then the Directv unit comes on but then the tv goes off, because 'on' acts like a power toggle for the tv rather than a discreet power on button.

Directv RC65X remote control code for Sharp LC60LE650U, for discrete power on/off

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 10:56:45 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm pretty sure that this behavior can't be changed it's how the remote was programmed to work regardless of what tv is programmed.  Mine does the same thing with my Samsung tv.

I'm pretty sure that this behavior can't be changed it's how the remote was programmed to work regardless of what tv is programmed.  Mine does the same thing with my Samsung tv.

Re: Directv RC65X remote control code for Sharp LC60LE650U, for discrete power on/off

2 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 11:01:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

The on/off buttons work ok with my Panasonic TC-P65S1 tv so I thought it would also work with Sharp tv's. But perhaps Sharp tv's don't support this?

The on/off buttons work ok with my Panasonic TC-P65S1 tv so I thought it would also work with Sharp tv's. But perhaps Sharp tv's don't support this?

Re: Directv RC65X remote control code for Sharp LC60LE650U, for discrete power on/off

3 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 1:49:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Probably.  Not all TV remote commands are supported, especially with newer TVs that have different "on" and "off" codes.

Probably.  Not all TV remote commands are supported, especially with newer TVs that have different "on" and "off" codes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 2:54:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hmm you might be right. I have another Panasonic plasma tv, a 7 year old model and on/off works perfect with it as well, but I also have a newer LG model that just like the Sharp doesn't work correctly. How do people deal with this? It's confusing the older members of my familly a bit, I guess I could leave a sheet of instructions explaining that "on" on the remote can actually also mean "off" so that they can understand what's happening, but maybe there is some other simpler solution to this? Seems like a weird problem to be having in 2014 especially when it was seemingly solved years ago. Kinda frustrating...

Hmm you might be right. I have another Panasonic plasma tv, a 7 year old model and on/off works perfect with it as well, but I also have a newer LG model that just like the Sharp doesn't work correctly. How do people deal with this? It's confusing the older members of my familly a bit, I guess I could leave a sheet of instructions explaining that "on" on the remote can actually also mean "off" so that they can understand what's happening, but maybe there is some other simpler solution to this? Seems like a weird problem to be having in 2014 especially when it was seemingly solved years ago. Kinda frustrating...

5 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 3:18:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I use a programmable remote instead of the DirecTV remote.   Harmony makes nice ones that are easy to program and use, including buttons that let you turn on and off all of the desired devices with one button push.

I use a programmable remote instead of the DirecTV remote.   Harmony makes nice ones that are easy to program and use, including buttons that let you turn on and off all of the desired devices with one button push.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 3:22:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Doesn't that only work if the tv has discreet ir codes for on and off, and if the tv did then wouldn't it work with the Directv remote? Or does the Directv remote only support discreet ir on/off codes for older model tv's like my Panasonic plasmas, but they don't support it for newer tv's like my Sharp and LG? Is it something they have just given up on supporting basically, and people are now expected to go to a third party remote to fix the issue?

Doesn't that only work if the tv has discreet ir codes for on and off, and if the tv did then wouldn't it work with the Directv remote? Or does the Directv remote only support discreet ir on/off codes for older model tv's like my Panasonic plasmas, but they don't support it for newer tv's like my Sharp and LG? Is it something they have just given up on supporting basically, and people are now expected to go to a third party remote to fix the issue?

7 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 4:09:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10093

Slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10093

8 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 11:58:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried that code and it didn't work, power "on" would still act as a power toggle. However I found the DirecTV remote codes setup webpage and tried a bunch of codes manually there, and code 10818 worked! So I now have discrete on/off support for my Sharp tv. On that same website I also found discrete on/off codes for my LG tv as well. So looks like the automatic setup that the H24 receiver does isn't a perfect fit, it's better to try codes manually until you find the right one. Thanks for the help!

I tried that code and it didn't work, power "on" would still act as a power toggle. However I found the DirecTV remote codes setup webpage and tried a bunch of codes manually there, and code 10818 worked! So I now have discrete on/off support for my Sharp tv. On that same website I also found discrete on/off codes for my LG tv as well. So looks like the automatic setup that the H24 receiver does isn't a perfect fit, it's better to try codes manually until you find the right one. Thanks for the help!

9 of 10 (53 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 3:44:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

10 of 10 (53 Views)