For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Paul guy's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 6:19 PM

Delayed response using my remote

Ever since the upgrade in on-screen format recently, there is an additional delay when I use my remote.  Is this because the current cable box is outdated and was not designed to handle the amount of data due to the upgrade in the on-screen format?  Or were we given outdated boxes to begin with? Has anyone else experienced delayed responses when commands have been pressed on the remote?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

thanks for pointing out all the hardware/coding disfunctionallities AT&T is totally aware of and selling it anyways while providing ACE EXPERTS to suggest ghetto tweaker fixes for tech suppport...The comprehensive details covering IR and RF theory is correct and common sense but to paste it  in every remote thread with home depot link is a slap in the face and unexceptable. Remote issues are non existent with other providers. I am tired of the BUGGY systems MUTE, CH 9, ON DEMAND, NO RESPONSE ERRORS ETC using your devices. I get anxiety attacks trying to get comfortable and relax in front of the TV. I paid for Uverse plan assuming IT CAME with ACCEPTABLE remote interface....

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

@n2rovert wrote:

...I paid for Uverse plan assuming IT CAME with ACCEPTABLE remote interface....

So did I.  And after one tweaked setting on one TV, that's what I've got throughout my home.  I'm curious, what did you mean when you mentioned "CH 9," in your punch list?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.