Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Dec 26, 2013
8:47:19 AM
DTV remote codes did not work for Sharp HT-SB40 Soundbar

None of the five DTV remote codes that my HR21-700 receiver listed would work for my new Sharp HT-SB40 Soundbar.  The remote is a RC65X.  Does anyone have a suggestion or other codes to try?

None of the five DTV remote codes that my HR21-700 receiver listed would work for my new Sharp HT-SB40 Soundbar.  The remote is a RC65X.  Does anyone have a suggestion or other codes to try?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2015 12:55:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well DTV finally did a software update to the HR24 that supports this sound bar.  I've tried to get a good remote code for my Sharp HT-SB40 sound bar every couple months for the last year and a half and yesterday it finally worked.  The HR21 still lists codes that don't work, but once the remote loaded one from the HR24 I have in another room, I was able to control the sound bar.

Accepted Solution

DTV remote codes did not work for Sharp HT-SB40 Soundbar

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:44:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you would need an HR24, to have any chances to get a code

you would need an HR24, to have any chances to get a code

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DTV remote codes did not work for Sharp HT-SB40 Soundbar

2 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:57:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  I have a HR24 in another room.  I'll try to get a code from it for this remote.

Thanks.  I have a HR24 in another room.  I'll try to get a code from it for this remote.

3 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 10:17:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried to get a good code from the HR24, but this model Sharp soundbar was not listed and none of the codes that loaded with the "model not listed" option worked either.

Would a software update help?  Can I initiate an update or do I need to call DTV?

I tried to get a good code from the HR24, but this model Sharp soundbar was not listed and none of the codes that loaded with the "model not listed" option worked either.

Would a software update help?  Can I initiate an update or do I need to call DTV?

4 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 1:07:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

a software update may help.  but is up to DirecTV do such an update.  nothing on your part you can do, short of getting a better universal remote control

a software update may help.  but is up to DirecTV do such an update.  nothing on your part you can do, short of getting a better universal remote control

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 1:45:22 PM
(0)
Expert

Note that "updates" to receiver software is handled by a group not associated with the phone techs so calling Directv will do absolutely no good whatever in getting an update to the DVR's software.

Note that "updates" to receiver software is handled by a group not associated with the phone techs so calling Directv will do absolutely no good whatever in getting an update to the DVR's software.

6 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 3:58:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks dcd and peds48.  I'll just use the soundbar's remote for now and hope that a future Directv receiver update adds the remote code I need.

Thanks dcd and peds48.  I'll just use the soundbar's remote for now and hope that a future Directv receiver update adds the remote code I need.

7 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:20:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

Have you tried  Code 30186  from the DirecTV Site?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes

RC65

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P6420119#h:620.121

Audio Tab

Brand: Sharp

Model (optional): HT-SB40 Soundbar

We could not find an exact match, we think this code will work.

Setup Instructions
1.Set the "Mode Switch" to Device 3.  [AV1 or AV2]
2.Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
3.Enter the 5 digit Code [ 30186 ] above.  [LED blinks twice]
4.Try your new code [press and release PWR key ... should turn Soundbar Off] and tell us how it worked!

NOTE:  The VOL key will NOT WORK with the Soundbar unless you have previously Activated the VOL key by entering a TV Code into the Remote with the MODE Select switch set to TV.

If you enter the 30186 Code, with the MODE Select switch set to the AV1 or AV2 position, and the Remote's LED blinks twice... the Code is a valid Code for the Remote.   If you then press and release the PWR key and the Soundbar turns off, then the Code may work with your Soundbar. 

If the Code allows the PWR key to turn the Soundbar off, you may still have to LOCK the VOL key to operate with the Soundbar by entering the 993 Code and then pressing the Remote's SELECT key.  The 993 Code allows the VOL key to control the Soundbar when the MODE switch is in the DTR [far left] position.

Also NOTE:  You do not need a software update for the Code to work; because the Codes are part of the Remote's firmware NOT the Set-top Box.

Have you tried  Code 30186  from the DirecTV Site?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes

RC65

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P6420119#h:620.121

Audio Tab

Brand: Sharp

Model (optional): HT-SB40 Soundbar

We could not find an exact match, we think this code will work.

Setup Instructions
1.Set the "Mode Switch" to Device 3.  [AV1 or AV2]
2.Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button until the visible LED blinks twice.
3.Enter the 5 digit Code [ 30186 ] above.  [LED blinks twice]
4.Try your new code [press and release PWR key ... should turn Soundbar Off] and tell us how it worked!

NOTE:  The VOL key will NOT WORK with the Soundbar unless you have previously Activated the VOL key by entering a TV Code into the Remote with the MODE Select switch set to TV.

If you enter the 30186 Code, with the MODE Select switch set to the AV1 or AV2 position, and the Remote's LED blinks twice... the Code is a valid Code for the Remote.   If you then press and release the PWR key and the Soundbar turns off, then the Code may work with your Soundbar. 

If the Code allows the PWR key to turn the Soundbar off, you may still have to LOCK the VOL key to operate with the Soundbar by entering the 993 Code and then pressing the Remote's SELECT key.  The 993 Code allows the VOL key to control the Soundbar when the MODE switch is in the DTR [far left] position.

Also NOTE:  You do not need a software update for the Code to work; because the Codes are part of the Remote's firmware NOT the Set-top Box.

8 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:28:16 PM
(0)
Administrator

A lot of times, amplifiers or receivers made by the company for the Soundbar, sometimes works.

If all else fails, there is always the Logitech Harmony remotes.  You can still get the Harmony 300 & 650.

A lot of times, amplifiers or receivers made by the company for the Soundbar, sometimes works.

If all else fails, there is always the Logitech Harmony remotes.  You can still get the Harmony 300 & 650.

9 of 11 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2015 12:55:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well DTV finally did a software update to the HR24 that supports this sound bar.  I've tried to get a good remote code for my Sharp HT-SB40 sound bar every couple months for the last year and a half and yesterday it finally worked.  The HR21 still lists codes that don't work, but once the remote loaded one from the HR24 I have in another room, I was able to control the sound bar.

10 of 11 (518 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2015 1:12:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

Glad it's working now.  Next time call Sharp to request the codes for an immediate answer.

Glad it's working now.  Next time call Sharp to request the codes for an immediate answer.

11 of 11 (518 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments