Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 1, 2014
10:08:11 AM
Cannot complete IR/RF Setup (Receiver) on a C41 receiver using a RC71 remote

I have just replaced my old receiver with a new Genie-compatible C41-100 receiver.  I have setup this new receiver and I am able to watch TV and control the C41 with my RC71 remote.  I am now trying to program my remote to also control my TV.

Following the instructions included with my RC71 remote on "How to program your remote using the DIRECTV On-Screen Guide", I have navigated to the "IR/RF Setup" page, selected "RF" and then "Continue" - where I am attempting to follow the on-screen instructions.

I have pressed "MUTE + SELECT" until the green light on my remote blinks twice.  I have entered 9-6-1 using the numeric keys on the remote and then pushed the channel (CH) switch up and then pushed "ENTER" (not SELECT).

All I get is the low "gong" sound that indicates an invalid key has been pressed.

I have tried this numerous times - all with the same result.

I have tried resetting the remote and then retrying the IR/RF Setup.  I has not made any difference.

Some have suggested that I should press "MUTE + ENTER" for 5-10 seconds until some sort of pairing process starts.  When I do this a notice pops-up on the screen saying that my remote isn't programmed for my TV yet and offering to take me to the "Program Remote" menu.  When I select that, it takes me to the IR/RF Setup (Receiver) page - and the cycle starts all over!

Help!

I have just replaced my old receiver with a new Genie-compatible C41-100 receiver.  I have setup this new receiver and I am able to watch TV and control the C41 with my RC71 remote.  I am now trying to program my remote to also control my TV.

Following the instructions included with my RC71 remote on "How to program your remote using the DIRECTV On-Screen Guide", I have navigated to the "IR/RF Setup" page, selected "RF" and then "Continue" - where I am attempting to follow the on-screen instructions.

I have pressed "MUTE + SELECT" until the green light on my remote blinks twice.  I have entered 9-6-1 using the numeric keys on the remote and then pushed the channel (CH) switch up and then pushed "ENTER" (not SELECT).

All I get is the low "gong" sound that indicates an invalid key has been pressed.

I have tried this numerous times - all with the same result.

I have tried resetting the remote and then retrying the IR/RF Setup.  I has not made any difference.

Some have suggested that I should press "MUTE + ENTER" for 5-10 seconds until some sort of pairing process starts.  When I do this a notice pops-up on the screen saying that my remote isn't programmed for my TV yet and offering to take me to the "Program Remote" menu.  When I select that, it takes me to the IR/RF Setup (Receiver) page - and the cycle starts all over!

Help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 1, 2014 2:25:41 PM
(0)
Guru

ok press and hold mute and select wait for flashes then press 1 wait for flash then 2049

Accepted Solution

Cannot complete IR/RF Setup (Receiver) on a C41 receiver using a RC71 remote

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 10:12:05 AM
(0)
Guru

Tv brand

Tv brand

Re: Cannot complete IR/RF Setup (Receiver) on a C41 receiver using a RC71 remote

2 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 2:15:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Dynex.

Sorry.  I was trying to reply earlier.  But I kept getting an error until I completed my profile.

Dynex.

Sorry.  I was trying to reply earlier.  But I kept getting an error until I completed my profile.

Re: Cannot complete IR/RF Setup (Receiver) on a C41 receiver using a RC71 remote

3 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 1, 2014 2:25:41 PM
(0)
Guru

ok press and hold mute and select wait for flashes then press 1 wait for flash then 2049

4 of 10 (113 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 3:12:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

At what screen do you do this? I am stuck in this rf/ir ordeal.  Would appreciate your help.

At what screen do you do this? I am stuck in this rf/ir ordeal.  Would appreciate your help.

5 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 3:18:38 PM
(0)
Guru

Are you trying to program your tv

Are you trying to program your tv

6 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 8:36:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

everything worked fine, hard drive crashed, new receiver came, remote did not work automatically with new receiver.  Tech had me to program tv and it worked which in hind site, don't even know why because tv did not change.  Then programmed receiver.  After that, remote would no longer control tv so when trying to program tv again, cannot get rf or ir to complete and stays stuck there.  everytime you try to program tv, just automatically goes to rf/ir place and cannot get past it.  Tech just said cannot guarantee remote will work with tv (out of luck) but it worked fine before she programmed receiver Smiley Sad

everything worked fine, hard drive crashed, new receiver came, remote did not work automatically with new receiver.  Tech had me to program tv and it worked which in hind site, don't even know why because tv did not change.  Then programmed receiver.  After that, remote would no longer control tv so when trying to program tv again, cannot get rf or ir to complete and stays stuck there.  everytime you try to program tv, just automatically goes to rf/ir place and cannot get past it.  Tech just said cannot guarantee remote will work with tv (out of luck) but it worked fine before she programmed receiver Smiley Sad

7 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 3:53:50 AM
(0)
Guru

Just tell me what kinda TV u have

Just tell me what kinda TV u have

8 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 5:42:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

Lg

Lg

9 of 10 (113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 2:28:20 PM
(0)
Guru

11423 that your code press mute and select wait for the flashes then use the

Code

11423 that your code press mute and select wait for the flashes then use the

Code

10 of 10 (113 Views)