kennyjohn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 1:51 PM

Can i set up my remote control to only show my subscribed channels?

I know where the remote options are in the menu area but,i want to only see subscribed to channels

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hide or customize channels in U-verse lineup

Using your AT&T U-verse Remote Control, follow these instructions to hide the channels that you don't want to see in your guide or when browsing channels:

1. To hide channels, press Menu, then select Options.
  2. Select Hide channels, then press OK.
  3. Select Customize channels and press OK. Scroll through your list of available channels.
  4. Press OK to uncheck (hide) or check (view) channels.
  5. When you are done, select Save and press OK.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why can't att just have your channels customize to your account?

Sent from my iPhone

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Because then you wouldn't see all those wonderful channels that you're missing out on.

Some providers make it a little easier to hide the channels you don't subscribe to (DirecTV has a setting "show only the channels I get"), and there are ways to see just your channels (the Shortcuts menu lets you choose your package and shows you just those channels), but letting you hide the channels you don't want (including the ones you subscribe to but don't care for) gives you the most flexibility.  It takes a bit longer to set up, but the rewards are better.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

My daughter had Time Warner (she now has Verizon FioS) and she SWORE you couldn't hide the channels you didn't have. 

I don't know it that was true or not but it drove me nuts when I was at her house.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I could not do so on Charter.

DirecTV is the only one on which I know there is a setting to show only subscribed channels.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

DishNet allows programming custom lists.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@OGG wrote:
DishNet allows programming custom lists.

AT&T U-verse allows multiple favorite channel lists in addition to blocking channels in the main guide.  I think what you're talking about from Dish is more like the former than the latter.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Could they make this any harder?  After having the 200 channel package for years I trimmed my options to the U-Family plan.  (I'll get my movies via Netflix and Amazon Prime.)  The solution provided here has changed apparently.... I have Menu / Options / Channel Options.  I can CHECK ALL, or view UNCHECKED CHANNELS, but there is no UNCHECK ALL.  I will have to scroll through all 761 channels and uncheck each one not subscribed to.  Has anyone seen a numeric list of channels?  All the channel line up guides I have are in alphabetic order, but the screen is in numeric order. 

The one time set up is very time consuming, but will most likely uncheck (hide) channels like QVC that I don't want in any package.  

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

It was not hard to go through the channels and hide the ones I did not want. It was easy and just took a few minutes.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

DFWCustmr - If all you want is the u-family guide (not restricted chan up/down scan) the guide is accessed by - MENU - down arrow to channel shortcuts - OK - right arrow to u-verse packages - OK

As you watch those channels you can build your favorites guide via the menu under the ENTER/ZOOM button (bottom right)

Here is numeric list - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.