Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 23, 2013
5:51:10 AM
View profile
Can i set up my remote control to only show my subscribed channels?

I know where the remote options are in the menu area but,i want to only see subscribed to channels

I know where the remote options are in the menu area but,i want to only see subscribed to channels

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2013 6:01:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Hide or customize channels in U-verse lineup

Using your AT&T U-verse Remote Control, follow these instructions to hide the channels that you don't want to see in your guide or when browsing channels:

1. To hide channels, press Menu, then select Options.
  2. Select Hide channels, then press OK.
  3. Select Customize channels and press OK. Scroll through your list of available channels.
  4. Press OK to uncheck (hide) or check (view) channels.
  5. When you are done, select Save and press OK.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can i set up my remote control to only show my subscribed channels?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2013 6:01:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Using your AT&T U-verse Remote Control, follow these instructions to hide the channels that you don't want to see in your guide or when browsing channels:

3. Select Customize channels and press OK. Scroll through your list of available channels.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can i set up my remote control to only show my subscribed channels?

2 of 11 (2,089 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 1:36:12 AM
(0)
Contributor
Why can't att just have your channels customize to your account?

Sent from my iPhone
Why can't att just have your channels customize to your account?

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 11 (1,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 6:46:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Dec 4, 2013 at 6:46:33 AM

Because then you wouldn't see all those wonderful channels that you're missing out on.

Some providers make it a little easier to hide the channels you don't subscribe to (DirecTV has a setting "show only the channels I get"), and there are ways to see just your channels (the Shortcuts menu lets you choose your package and shows you just those channels), but letting you hide the channels you don't want (including the ones you subscribe to but don't care for) gives you the most flexibility.  It takes a bit longer to set up, but the rewards are better.

Because then you wouldn't see all those wonderful channels that you're missing out on.

Some providers make it a little easier to hide the channels you don't subscribe to (DirecTV has a setting "show only the channels I get"), and there are ways to see just your channels (the Shortcuts menu lets you choose your package and shows you just those channels), but letting you hide the channels you don't want (including the ones you subscribe to but don't care for) gives you the most flexibility.  It takes a bit longer to set up, but the rewards are better.

[ Edited ]
4 of 11 (1,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 7:18:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

My daughter had Time Warner (she now has Verizon FioS) and she SWORE you couldn't hide the channels you didn't have. 

I don't know it that was true or not but it drove me nuts when I was at her house.

My daughter had Time Warner (she now has Verizon FioS) and she SWORE you couldn't hide the channels you didn't have. 

I don't know it that was true or not but it drove me nuts when I was at her house.

5 of 11 (1,902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 11:40:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I could not do so on Charter.

DirecTV is the only one on which I know there is a setting to show only subscribed channels.

I could not do so on Charter.

DirecTV is the only one on which I know there is a setting to show only subscribed channels.

6 of 11 (1,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 4:16:42 PM
(0)
Tutor
DishNet allows programming custom lists.

7 of 11 (1,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 6:38:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OGG wrote:

AT&T U-verse allows multiple favorite channel lists in addition to blocking channels in the main guide.  I think what you're talking about from Dish is more like the former than the latter.

OGG wrote:

AT&T U-verse allows multiple favorite channel lists in addition to blocking channels in the main guide.  I think what you're talking about from Dish is more like the former than the latter.

8 of 11 (1,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 7:28:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

Could they make this any harder?  After having the 200 channel package for years I trimmed my options to the U-Family plan.  (I'll get my movies via Netflix and Amazon Prime.)  The solution provided here has changed apparently.... I have Menu / Options / Channel Options.  I can CHECK ALL, or view UNCHECKED CHANNELS, but there is no UNCHECK ALL.  I will have to scroll through all 761 channels and uncheck each one not subscribed to.  Has anyone seen a numeric list of channels?  All the channel line up guides I have are in alphabetic order, but the screen is in numeric order. 

The one time set up is very time consuming, but will most likely uncheck (hide) channels like QVC that I don't want in any package.  

Could they make this any harder?  After having the 200 channel package for years I trimmed my options to the U-Family plan.  (I'll get my movies via Netflix and Amazon Prime.)  The solution provided here has changed apparently.... I have Menu / Options / Channel Options.  I can CHECK ALL, or view UNCHECKED CHANNELS, but there is no UNCHECK ALL.  I will have to scroll through all 761 channels and uncheck each one not subscribed to.  Has anyone seen a numeric list of channels?  All the channel line up guides I have are in alphabetic order, but the screen is in numeric order. 

The one time set up is very time consuming, but will most likely uncheck (hide) channels like QVC that I don't want in any package.  

9 of 11 (1,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 7:34:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

It was not hard to go through the channels and hide the ones I did not want. It was easy and just took a few minutes.

It was not hard to go through the channels and hide the ones I did not want. It was easy and just took a few minutes.

10 of 11 (1,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 7:44:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 13, 2014 at 8:44:56 AM

DFWCustmr - If all you want is the u-family guide (not restricted chan up/down scan) the guide is accessed by - MENU - down arrow to channel shortcuts - OK - right arrow to u-verse packages - OK

As you watch those channels you can build your favorites guide via the menu under the ENTER/ZOOM button (bottom right)

Here is numeric list - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

DFWCustmr - If all you want is the u-family guide (not restricted chan up/down scan) the guide is accessed by - MENU - down arrow to channel shortcuts - OK - right arrow to u-verse packages - OK

As you watch those channels you can build your favorites guide via the menu under the ENTER/ZOOM button (bottom right)

Here is numeric list - http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

[ Edited ]
11 of 11 (1,080 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments