Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 2, 2014
12:43:55 PM
View profile
Can I program my old RC64R to control new HR44-500 Genie?

My real objective is to have two remotes to use with the new Genie (prevents fighting over the remote).  I'd like to still use my old RC 64R, but how do I program it, and if I do will it affect how the receiver works with the RC71?  And if I bought another RC71 (assuming I can), would that work ok?

Thanks,

Don

My real objective is to have two remotes to use with the new Genie (prevents fighting over the remote).  I'd like to still use my old RC 64R, but how do I program it, and if I do will it affect how the receiver works with the RC71?  And if I bought another RC71 (assuming I can), would that work ok?

Thanks,

Don

Can I program my old RC64R to control new HR44-500 Genie?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 1:30:37 PM
(0)
Professor

Yes the RC64 will work in IR mode to control the HR44, the RC71 is the only one that will work in RF mode, call DTV for extra RC71or do a web search.

Yes the RC64 will work in IR mode to control the HR44, the RC71 is the only one that will work in RF mode, call DTV for extra RC71or do a web search.

Re: Can I program my old RC64R to control new HR44-500 Genie?

2 of 3 (88 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 2:01:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yes you can more than one RC71

yes you can more than one RC71

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I program my old RC64R to control new HR44-500 Genie?

3 of 3 (88 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments