Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2014
12:08:08 PM
Boston Acoustics TVee26 and RC66RX

I have a Samsung Smart TV, Boston Acoustics TVee26 Soundbar and RC66RX control from DTV.  I cannot get the RC66 and TVee26 properly programmed to handle volume up/down and mute, despite following BA TVee26 learning instructions.  No matter what button I "program" to the TVee26 from the RC66, the volume only increases.  BA technical support also does not have an answer.I also cannot find a code for the RC66 controller for the TVee26.  Any solutions/workarounds?

I have a Samsung Smart TV, Boston Acoustics TVee26 Soundbar and RC66RX control from DTV.  I cannot get the RC66 and TVee26 properly programmed to handle volume up/down and mute, despite following BA TVee26 learning instructions.  No matter what button I "program" to the TVee26 from the RC66, the volume only increases.  BA technical support also does not have an answer.I also cannot find a code for the RC66 controller for the TVee26.  Any solutions/workarounds?

Boston Acoustics TVee26 and RC66RX

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 3:11:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DirecTV DVR/Receiver do you have?

What model DirecTV DVR/Receiver do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Boston Acoustics TVee26 and RC66RX

2 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 3:29:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Genie but for this remote is using a mini.

Genie but for this remote is using a mini.

3 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 5:47:14 PM
(0)
Professor

So BA can be taught the commands from any IR remote? If so, before using the Directv remote has a source, turn off the extra signal added to each button press for cleaner learns:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 6 3

4. press CH Down

So BA can be taught the commands from any IR remote? If so, before using the Directv remote has a source, turn off the extra signal added to each button press for cleaner learns:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 6 3

4. press CH Down

4 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:21:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  I tried but no luck.  Still everything is still "volume up" (mute, vol down, vol up).

Here is what I did:

Av2

mute + select for two flashes, release

entered 963

Ch down

Then tried to re-teach BA system.  Same result.

Any other thoughts?

John

Thanks.  I tried but no luck.  Still everything is still "volume up" (mute, vol down, vol up).

Here is what I did:

Av2

mute + select for two flashes, release

entered 963

Ch down

Then tried to re-teach BA system.  Same result.

Any other thoughts?

John

5 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2014 6:40:06 PM
(0)
Professor

Is there a tv code programmed into the remote? If not the vol up, down and mute keys all have the same IR command on them, an IR command that only good for initiating message at the bottom of receiver screen  telling you to program tv code into the remote. The volume will not work without a tv code in.

Is there a tv code programmed into the remote? If not the vol up, down and mute keys all have the same IR command on them, an IR command that only good for initiating message at the bottom of receiver screen  telling you to program tv code into the remote. The volume will not work without a tv code in.

6 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 10:35:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

i have same problem with sony kdl46v tv and tvee26 soundbar (hooked up via rca cables, as optical out will not work), even after programming tv remote to soundbar first and then progamming it to be read by directv remote...but after hours of struggles, here's my high tech solution: velcroed the small soundbar remote to back of directv remote...works nifty

i have same problem with sony kdl46v tv and tvee26 soundbar (hooked up via rca cables, as optical out will not work), even after programming tv remote to soundbar first and then progamming it to be read by directv remote...but after hours of struggles, here's my high tech solution: velcroed the small soundbar remote to back of directv remote...works nifty

7 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 7:21:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Cool and elegant.  Thanks for the tip.

John

Cool and elegant.  Thanks for the tip.

John

8 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 8:56:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

i'm still mystified why i can't get the directv remote to work the tv26 audio on my sony kdl tv...i can get it to work using the tv remote and programming the dtv remote will work everything but sound...wonder if this particular tv is the problem...i cannot use the optical out as i have been led to believe that on this set (vintage 2006)it is only for audio from ota antennae system...so my audio is reaching soundbar via rca connection...

i'm still mystified why i can't get the directv remote to work the tv26 audio on my sony kdl tv...i can get it to work using the tv remote and programming the dtv remote will work everything but sound...wonder if this particular tv is the problem...i cannot use the optical out as i have been led to believe that on this set (vintage 2006)it is only for audio from ota antennae system...so my audio is reaching soundbar via rca connection...

9 of 10 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 9:48:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The correct way to connect your DirecTV receiver would be using the optical out the receiver to the sound bar

The correct way to connect your DirecTV receiver would be using the optical out the receiver to the sound bar

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 10 (89 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments