Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 9, 2013
8:19:51 PM
View profile
Autotune Does not change channels

After working for quite a long time my auto tune quit changing channels. I can set the auto tune and it shows it is set but it does not change the channel. I wonder if I accidentally hit a button on the remote and changed something.

After working for quite a long time my auto tune quit changing channels. I can set the auto tune and it shows it is set but it does not change the channel. I wonder if I accidentally hit a button on the remote and changed something.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 15, 2013 10:56:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Great to hear.  Enjoy!  If you feel your question was answered, please mark the "Correct Answer" post. Thank you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Autotune Does not change channels

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 10:38:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model Receiver do you have?

Have you tried resetting it?

What model Receiver do you have?

Have you tried resetting it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Autotune Does not change channels

2 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 2:24:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

How do I find out the model number and how do I reset it?

How do I find out the model number and how do I reset it?

3 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 2:30:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Model number is on a label behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

If your Receiver has the front panel access card door, there's a red button there that will reset it.

Model number is on a label behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

If your Receiver has the front panel access card door, there's a red button there that will reset it.

4 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 2:44:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

It is model number D12-300. I did a reset and now when I try to auto tune I get the message.

"Unable to perform this operation at this time (747).

It is model number D12-300. I did a reset and now when I try to auto tune I get the message.

"Unable to perform this operation at this time (747).

5 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 2:59:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

I went on to DirecTV Error Codes and Cures and received this message:

Error Code 747- Unable to Complete
If using auto tune, Reset the receiver by pressing the red reset button (located behind the door on the front of the receiver).

I again reset and still got the (747) message.

I went on to DirecTV Error Codes and Cures and received this message:

Error Code 747- Unable to Complete
If using auto tune, Reset the receiver by pressing the red reset button (located behind the door on the front of the receiver).

I again reset and still got the (747) message.

6 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 3:22:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You might just need to wait several hours for the Guide Data to rebuild.  If that doesn't help, post back with details about how exactly you're setting up the Autotune.  It should work on the D12 SD Receiver.

You might just need to wait several hours for the Guide Data to rebuild.  If that doesn't help, post back with details about how exactly you're setting up the Autotune.  It should work on the D12 SD Receiver.

7 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 3:44:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Would pulling our and reinserting the card or disconnecting the cable from the wall and reconnecting it help. Those are two things the tech support sometimes has me do for various reasons.

Would pulling our and reinserting the card or disconnecting the cable from the wall and reconnecting it help. Those are two things the tech support sometimes has me do for various reasons.

8 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 5:20:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

I waited two hours and now I can set auto tune without the message but it still doesn't work. Bummer. It was a nice feature.

I waited two hours and now I can set auto tune without the message but it still doesn't work. Bummer. It was a nice feature.

9 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 10:50:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well it finally worked. The reset worked. It took a couple hours to take effect but it works now. Thanks.

Well it finally worked. The reset worked. It took a couple hours to take effect but it works now. Thanks.

10 of 11 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 15, 2013 10:56:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Great to hear.  Enjoy!  If you feel your question was answered, please mark the "Correct Answer" post. Thank you.

11 of 11 (367 Views)
Solution