carolholiver's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 1st, 2013 12:40 AM

A,B,C, buttons

What do the A,B,C, buttons do and how or do you program them for something?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

They are not used for anything and you can't program them to be used for anything.  They sure do look purty though!!  Them colors and all........

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

They are not used for anything and you can't program them to be used for anything.  They sure do look purty though!!  Them colors and all........

Why not?

I can think of numerous functions they could perform.

Anybody at ATT working on this?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I would like to program them to be my first three favorites.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Generally, it is best to have a single IR trigger a single or multistep process in the STB.

Since the channel number  can be up to four digits, instead of programming the colored remote buttons to send four IR codes, one for each digit. The STB would have to be programmed to interpret the single colored button to be a  channel number you previosly entered in the STB menu as your favorite. The software is in the STB, not the remote.

So, it would be possible for att to program the  STB to accept a colored button IR as favorite capable & provide a software update to everyone. The problem is, I have not seen the rethink possible slogan recently.

It would not require any update to the remote. The colored button single IR would trigger the Favorite Channel change in the STB.

The U-verse point anywhere remote does have a learning feature. But, it can only learn one IR for one button. So, one button cannot send four digits.

If you really, reallly want a favorite channel on a button feature you need a Logitech Harmony Smart Control. It can be programmed to send any IR or any combination of IRs triggered by one button press. You could program the colored buttons each to send all the digits for a specific channel number using whatever number of IR blasts you need.

I have done that with my number buttons - 1,2,3 & find I use them a lot. To find out how I can use buttons for regular numbers & favorite channels read this thread - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/4028946#M2963

I also have one button favorite guide. The Guide button sends the five IRs required to navigate to favorites.

You can get a less expensive LH remote to send multiple commands, but I found the flakiness of the U-verse IR on my model 700 was not reliable enough. The latest least expensive model is 350.

The SC model generates the IR  in an AC powered module & is rock solid. Hardly ever fails to complete the request. Since it is a two part system, be sure you get the kit & not one of the two pieces. Also, there are three versions of the SC, you need the least expensive for this.

The SC remote is as good as it gets for touch, power and flexibility. Most people do not need all the features. But, it is worth getting for any one feature. If you need more than one feature they are in the bonus category.

Please post if you have any questions or suggestions on remote efficiency.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.