For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jtjenco's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 27th, 2014 6:11 PM

wired receiver, getting the red X with the number 13 underneath - need replacement?

Hi all,

Just last night, my set top box/DVR (Cisco IPN4320) decided to stop working normally; the channel guide was stuck on "getting information" for every channel and I wasn't getting any video or audio.  I've tried the following, but to no avail:

- Power cycle the DVR

- Power cycle the router/gateway (even though my internet works just fine)

- Reset the DVR by holding the power button for 10 seconds

- Hard reset/"disaster recovery" by unplugging the DVR, holding the OK and Down buttons simultaneously, and plugging it back in.

The link lights on my  DVR are always green, and during the first part of hard reset (with one gear on the screen), they blink, so it appears to be downloading something.  I also tried a known good network cable and different ports on my router, which didn't make any difference.

The hard reset gets me as far as the screen with 2 gears on it, where it doesn't appear to do anything for 5-10 minutes, then gives me the red X with the 13.  I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I need a new STB/DVR, but does anyone know what error 13 actually means?  The online troubleshooter is useless (it actually suggests I have a general internet problem, which I don't) and I can't find anything online detailing these error codes. Also, can I bring my DVR to an AT&T store and exchange it there on the spot, or do I have to ship it through the UPS store as detailed here?  Thanks.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Can try www.att.com/ufix

It can lead you thru some steps, click on the TV section and the red x /#s. 😉

Edit: Nowhere in that link does it say you can bring anything back to an ATT store.  It details shipping back by UPS stores for the DVR.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.