For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JackPT's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 30th, 2015 2:51 PM

video card

I have an HP Pavillion Elite desktop computer with an AMD video card.  How do I connect it to my U-Verse Motorola VIP 1200 box?  The techs that installed system could not tell me.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Just match a U-verse output to a video card input.

Uv-verse outputs are COAX (analog chan 3), composite (yellow plug), component (3 plugs), s-video, HDMI, Audio (red/white plugs)

What inputs do you have?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

You'll need a video capture card of some sort in order ot bring in video from the U-Verse set top box. 

This is probabaly the best option, but someone else may say differently. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116065

Now there is a way to watch "live TV" through your browser by going to http://www.uverse.com/live. Not all channels are avaliable this way.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a HP desktop with AMD Radeon HD5570 video card. Prior to switching
to U-Verse, I could use my computer as a TV with coax connection. Picture
was HD (720?) on either of monitors ( Gateway or HP). I could also record
video. There is a remote which would control TV and computer. The video
card has all inputs except HDMI. I can get signal thru S-video input but
cannot seem to get card set up to actually get video programs. Can't wrap
my head around this. It probably is simple. Need all the help I can get.
Thanks.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I do not see the difference between recording video and get video programs. Maybe you mean you can capture the content, but cannot manage it as a program.

You can still use the COAX as input, but it is only SD since it is analog.

To get HD you must use component and the two audio connections.

You can manage the remote, recording & playback with microsoft media room or similar software.

Program the IR blaster for u-verse & use it to control the STB from the computer media room software.

Previously, you had a TV QUAM signal on the COAX that you could tune with your video setup.

Since u-verse is not a quam signal you need the u-verse STB to change it into somethoing you can use. This makes life a little more complicated.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

Your computer was shipped with a Hauppauge TV tuner card which is separate from the video card.  Here is a link to the manual for the tuner card:

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/qi-hvr-1800.pdf

I would start at page 4, and use the RF out connection and the IR blaster.  (S-video or composite will require an additional RCA to stereo mini-plug cable for the audio).  The video will be SD only.  You should be able to get full widescreen from HD channels through the STB resolution settings or the Windows Media Center zoom settings.

I hope this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.