richocki's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 7:28 PM

sound drops out

I had a minor problem with a Uverse box I had for a year, the recorded programs were deleted every time I had a power outage. Talked to a rep on chat and they sent me a replacement box. This new box has a major problem. The sound drops out and the screen goes black for about 2 seconds every 2-6 minutes. This is very annoying. I have rebooted the box and I even tried a different HDMI cable but nothing helped. I tried the cable just because I had an extra but I am sure it is the box that is causing the problem. This happens no matter what audio or aspect I choose (stero or Surround sound / 1082i or any other aspect). Any ideas or should I ask for another box replacement?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

I'll post again after I talk to a rep.I have really enjoyed U-verse for the past year even if I was losing my recorded programs when I lost power. Don't know why I waited so long to look into the problem. Now I kind of wish I left well enough alone.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

I called customer service yesterday. She ran test and went through her scripted questions. At one point when she put me on hold to "run some test". When sha came back after 5 minutes she asked if I had experienced the sound drop out. I had not and told her so and she told me the problem seems to be fixed. I told her I did not think so but she ended the call with if it happens again I can always call back.

Fifteen minutes later I was on the phone with another CSR. Again the scripted questions and test. She wanted to send a tech rep to the house to trouble shoot the problem. I told her there was nothing he could do so just send me a new box. She put me on hold to "run some More test. When she came back she said the test showed a problem with my outside line and a tech would have to come and check it. I really think she talked to a supervisor and the line problem was a ploy to get the tech here -  my opinion. She did add that techs have boxes in there trucks and if needed he could change out the box. I gave in and today I am waiting for his arrival. Eight to twelve is a big window and I know I'll be at the twelve o'clock end.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Did you get it yet?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

The tech came yesterday morning. I told him what my problem was and he immeditaly said I needed a new box. He hooked up the new box, a VIP 2250. I works as a U-verse box should. I told him that the customer  service person told me I had a problem with my line coming in and he said "no you don't" just like that. I told him the CS person said all replacement boxes are "new" he said they are all refurbished. He assured me the box he installed is new as it came off the truck. Bottom line is do not believe everything the customer service person says. 

On a side not I told him that when I lose power to the house I have no phone service. He said I,ll check the battery. He walked into the garage  and from 20 feet away he said you need a new battery. There was only one green light. I told he that is all I have ever had (for the past year). I thought the light labeled battery was when it was on the battery. He put in a new battery and I now have two green lights.

Can't wait until I lose power to see if I have a phone! Over all I am very happy with the tech that came to the house.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

12 years ago

There are great techs, good techs and other techs.  Sounds like you got one of the first two kinds.  I'm glad he was able to help you.

As far the CSR... there are great CSR's, good CSR's....  guess which kind YOU got.  Unfortunately, I'd probably have list her as good; she got a tech out to resolve your problem.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

He was a great tech for sure......BUT......my problems continue. When I pulled into the garge yesterday the battery backup box was beeping and the battery light wasflashing red. I have read on the forum that a flashing red light indicates a dead battery.I found the following blurb on line, forget what site, maybe the FiberSafe battery sight. Read the last sentence -If the red "bettery"....

On the front of your iPSU there are two indicator lights. If your iPSU is receiving normal AC power, a solid green "Power" light on the left will be on. If the red "Battery" light on the right is flashing, this indicates that normal AC power is not working and the FiberSafe backup battery is providing DC power to the iNID or that the iNID is not yet communicating with the iPSU.

I can not believe the thing is not working but a dead battery in 24 hours is hard to believe too. AT&t won he'll with this problem.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

In my previous post I wanted to say that AT&T will not help with tbad battery going dead in one day. That I think they shoul help out with seeing that they put in a bad battery. Oh well!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.