tgrove's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, October 10th, 2011 3:10 PM

Closed

"Press OK to browse a list or recordings" while watching DVR

Often when I try to watch a recorded program on my secondary receiver, I get a bar down near the bottom of the screen that says "Press Ok to browse a list of recordings". Pressing OK, back, or exit just stops the playback and returns to the program list, although the program list generally has to rebuild when this happens. I start the program again, but within a few seconds the message reappears. It never happens on the primary DVR, and it happens most of the time (but not all the time) on the secondary box. The box does not lock up or have any other problems. Any ideas?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

This is my first posting so I hope I'm posting in the right area. I am having the same issue I guess that everyone else in this thread is having and it's that "press OK to browse a list of recordings" message that pops up while watching a recording. It is annoying as heck and it happens every single day and I just can't take it. AT&T has sent techs out here to replace both of my wireless receivers twice and also my WAP has been swapped once and it took about 20 calls for them to acknowledge that this is an known issue. Anyway I talked with a tech today and he's in the VIP department I guess it's because I've been calling so much I'm getting on their nerves LOL which I don't care just as long as they fix the problem. Well he told me that he is sending me out their newest Gateway model the 2 wire Hgv-3801 and that is has a stronger signal and will remedy this issue with that annoying message. My question is will this actually work, will this new gateway stop this signal issue altogether? Thanks for your time in advance.

-Tazo

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

It won't help... The wireless isn't run through the 3801 anyway. The only thing that worked for me was to have them come out and run a cable and go back to a wired box. There is a comm problem with the wireless boxes talking to the DVR. My DVR never has a hiccup, but the wireless always did even with full bars. Dump it and you'll be much happier.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

well i'll just see what happens. If it doesn't they will just be dishing me out credits on my bill like they have been doing....I love the big credits, lol. Until this issue is completely resolved credits credits credits. I didn't ask for the wireless receivers it's all the installer had so AT&T will pay one way or another.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

So, Kenneth, your saying this has been an issue since at least October of last year, and AT&T still has not figured out how to fix it after nearly a year? Pretty sad, but typical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

I don't have the issue anymore because I took some advice from a user I got rid of the crappy wireless boxes and went wired and everything works smooth. The wireless stuff is just crap I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. AT&T should have perfected this before offerening it to the public. I will give the advice that was given to me if this annoys you "GO BACK TO WIRED BOXES"

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@tazoman78 wrote:

I don't have the issue anymore because I took some advice from a user I got rid of the crappy wireless boxes and went wired and everything works smooth. The wireless stuff is just crap I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. AT&T should have perfected this before offerening it to the public. I will give the advice that was given to me if this annoys you "GO BACK TO WIRED BOXES"

If you go back earlier in this thread, you can see that it was started in October of last year prior to when the wireless receivers were introduced.  The issue was occurring on the wired receivers.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

well hmm i've had the wired boxes for almost 30 days now and I haven't seen the message once hmmm

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@tazoman78 wrote:

well hmm i've had the wired boxes for almost 30 days now and I haven't seen the message once hmmm

It occurred more frequently last year right after the THDVR Phase 3 Update was rolled out.  It seems to occur less now, but it still does happen on occasion on the wired receivers.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

well knock on wood it hasn't happened to me period but I would take it happening every now and then appose to every single day about 2 and 3 times per hour which is exactly what happened with the wireless boxes, I couldn't get through a simple 2 hour movie without that message coming up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Ok everyone...I too HAD this same issue...but it is now fixed.

For those of you that have the issue that have TWO wifi boxes...very important question .....

Do you have one or two WAP's controlling them??

If you have two..REMOVE ONE!! PROBLEM SOLVED. they end up fighting for signal and this is causing the issue.  I had one WAP for each box and it was causing the problem. SInce the day I removed it I have had zero messages and the recordings work perfect.

I hope this is a fix for some of you.  I know it worked perfect for me.

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.