Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 24, 2013
1:30:16 PM
"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

Nothing serious, but I have my remote set up to turn on my TV and wireless receiver with the one-press button method. Occasionally, I get a message such as "HDMI Link Integrity Check Error / Unable to display picture" on the screen, which I can clear by switching the TV input source to another input and back.

But what I find interesting is that the receiver is apparently displaying a message on my screen telling me that it is unable to display anything on the screen! How ridiculous is that?

Nothing serious, but I have my remote set up to turn on my TV and wireless receiver with the one-press button method. Occasionally, I get a message such as "HDMI Link Integrity Check Error / Unable to display picture" on the screen, which I can clear by switching the TV input source to another input and back.

But what I find interesting is that the receiver is apparently displaying a message on my screen telling me that it is unable to display anything on the screen! How ridiculous is that?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 24, 2013 2:28:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rochrunner - att/ok means press att & ok simultaneously. The enter button is bottom right (aka zoom).

The current power button cause the sequence - first the att receiver - second the TV. After the programming suggested the power sequence reverse to TV first receiver second.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 24, 2013 1:50:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rochrunner - Two possible explanations for the message -
1. The message is from the TV - unlikely - usually message is - no signal.

2. Message means - unable to display programming because the receiver did not see a safe indicator. Gotta protect that content.

Your post promoted me to try a fix that I have been thinking about.

The turn on sequence is STB/TV. Is it possible to reverse it? Turns out it is - att/ok-977-tv-att-enter. Try it. See if it solves your problem.

If not, the answer is Logitech Harmony remote where you can add delay between power pulses.

2. Message means - unable to display programming because the receiver did not see a safe indicator. Gotta protect that content.

The turn on sequence is STB/TV. Is it possible to reverse it? Turns out it is - att/ok-977-tv-att-enter. Try it. See if it solves your problem.

If not, the answer is Logitech Harmony remote where you can add delay between power pulses.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: "HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

2 of 19 (6,518 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2013 2:20:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks, but I don't understand that sequence: not sure what "att/ok" means and I don't have an "enter" button.

Thanks, but I don't understand that sequence: not sure what "att/ok" means and I don't have an "enter" button.

3 of 19 (6,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 24, 2013 2:28:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rochrunner - att/ok means press att & ok simultaneously. The enter button is bottom right (aka zoom).

The current power button cause the sequence - first the att receiver - second the TV. After the programming suggested the power sequence reverse to TV first receiver second.

4 of 19 (6,506 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2013 10:49:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

Thanks aviewer!  Your best work, lol!  I have a new Hitachi LED TV that is finicky about turning on.  Revered the order and Voila! it's fixed!

aviewer wrote:

Thanks aviewer!  Your best work, lol!  I have a new Hitachi LED TV that is finicky about turning on.  Revered the order and Voila! it's fixed!

5 of 19 (6,373 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 3:37:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dhascall - Thanks for posting your success story - another case to verify a method for overcoming an HDMI failure.
dhascall - Thanks for posting your success story - another case to verify a method for overcoming an HDMI failure.

6 of 19 (6,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 1:38:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

Anytime.  The only issue now, is that the Hitachi is finicky about turning off.  In a perfect world, my setup would be: ON: TV-STB and the same for off, instead of STB-TV.

aviewer wrote:

Anytime.  The only issue now, is that the Hitachi is finicky about turning off.  In a perfect world, my setup would be: ON: TV-STB and the same for off, instead of STB-TV.

7 of 19 (6,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 4:18:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dhascall - Did you get turned around and say it backwards?? When on is TV- STB, off is also TV-STB. Watch the lights. Also, the remote does not know if it is power up or power down. It is just a toggle. Every power push produces the same sequence.

If you really need to reverse the order to see that the STB turns off before the TV you need to have the power follow the mode button & push it twice & a mode button push, in between. That us the way I have my point anywhere set to be sure the STB turns off because the STB is hidden.
dhascall - Did you get turned around and say it backwards?? When on is TV- STB, off is also TV-STB. Watch the lights. Also, the remote does not know if it is power up or power down. It is just a toggle. Every power push produces the same sequence.

If you really need to reverse the order to see that the STB turns off before the TV you need to have the power follow the mode button & push it twice & a mode button push, in between. That us the way I have my point anywhere set to be sure the STB turns off because the STB is hidden.

8 of 19 (6,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 10:26:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

Thanks.  I figured that out, after I wrote it.  The turn off issue may be related to LED interference.

aviewer wrote:

Thanks.  I figured that out, after I wrote it.  The turn off issue may be related to LED interference.

9 of 19 (6,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 11:58:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dhascall - Yeah, my new Toshiba, that is on the floor is finicky about pointing the remote. Any, lack of sensitivity on these devices really kills the ability to have a one button multistep process.

Now that I have tape over the main STB IR maybe I should try the one button -three steps favorite guide again.
dhascall - Yeah, my new Toshiba, that is on the floor is finicky about pointing the remote. Any, lack of sensitivity on these devices really kills the ability to have a one button multistep process.

Now that I have tape over the main STB IR maybe I should try the one button -three steps favorite guide again.

10 of 19 (6,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 5:00:06 PM
(0)
Guru

aviewer wrote:

This HDMI Error has been driving me crazy for weeks.  I even went out and bought an $80.00 cable thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've cycled on and off several times now and this seems to have done the trick.

Thanks aviewer!  

aviewer wrote:

This HDMI Error has been driving me crazy for weeks.  I even went out and bought an $80.00 cable thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've cycled on and off several times now and this seems to have done the trick.

Thanks aviewer!  

11 of 19 (4,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 5:20:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
JiminSTLouis - Good to hear, but more important, it is the only way to know if the suggestion works at all or, in this case, often. Thanks for taking the time to post.
JiminSTLouis - Good to hear, but more important, it is the only way to know if the suggestion works at all or, in this case, often. Thanks for taking the time to post.

12 of 19 (4,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 4:39:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Neither sequence works for me. I think that the problem is that I have a cheap Insignia (Best Buy house brand) TV that is very slow to power on, so no matter which device gets powered on first, the TV is always late to the party.

Neither sequence works for me. I think that the problem is that I have a cheap Insignia (Best Buy house brand) TV that is very slow to power on, so no matter which device gets powered on first, the TV is always late to the party.

13 of 19 (4,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 5:35:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rochrunner - You can see if introducing delay helps.

If you program att/ok-977 - enter. The power will follow the mode button. You can manually choose sequence and wait between the two.

I was always happy with component connections. So, I would choose that over a complicated turn on,

If you get it to work manually, a Logitech Harmony can be programmed to introduce delay. But, they have discontinued the inexpensive models.
rochrunner - You can see if introducing delay helps.

If you program att/ok-977 - enter. The power will follow the mode button. You can manually choose sequence and wait between the two.

I was always happy with component connections. So, I would choose that over a complicated turn on,

If you get it to work manually, a Logitech Harmony can be programmed to introduce delay. But, they have discontinued the inexpensive models.

14 of 19 (4,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 5:55:34 PM
(0)
Guru

Well, it's back to HDMI error every time I turn the TV on.  I was at a Christmas party last night and a neighbor said he had AT&T out to his house for the same issue.  The tech said the cause is the latest software update and the only fix right now is to use component cables.  Unfortunately, I just hung my TV on my fireplace and have an intricate cable routing.  I would have to tear apart a days work to switch to component.  I will just use suggestion #5 (unplug and replug cable from uverse box) until the next update.  

Well, it's back to HDMI error every time I turn the TV on.  I was at a Christmas party last night and a neighbor said he had AT&T out to his house for the same issue.  The tech said the cause is the latest software update and the only fix right now is to use component cables.  Unfortunately, I just hung my TV on my fireplace and have an intricate cable routing.  I would have to tear apart a days work to switch to component.  I will just use suggestion #5 (unplug and replug cable from uverse box) until the next update.  

15 of 19 (4,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 5:58:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp
@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp

16 of 19 (4,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 7:01:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

17 of 19 (4,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 7:23:17 AM
(0)
Guru

aviewer wrote:
@JiminSTLouis -

I didn't change to the original startup sequence but I will now.  I will also give that converter a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

rochrunner wrote:

rochrunner, I've tried this over and over but still get the error.  I hope a software fix is coming soon.  This is our main TV and is the only one we have this problem on. 

aviewer wrote:
@JiminSTLouis -

I didn't change to the original startup sequence but I will now.  I will also give that converter a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

rochrunner wrote:

rochrunner, I've tried this over and over but still get the error.  I hope a software fix is coming soon.  This is our main TV and is the only one we have this problem on. 

18 of 19 (4,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 5:05:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

OK - this has GOT to be a software issue;

To fix without getting up from couch and unplugging & plugging in the DVR - DO THE FOLLOWING;

WITH THE TV DISPLAYING HDMI ERROR;

o  ON AT&T REMOTE - hit <MENU>

o  Hit the <Right Arrow> Button on remote until the  <Options> is selected

o  Hit the <Down Arrow> Button until <System Options> hit <Ok> on the remote 

o  Hit <Down Arrow> Button until <TV screen resolution> is highlighted - hit <Ok>

o  With the word <Continue> highlighted - hit <Ok> 

o  Select <Start Test> and hit <Ok>

o  Select EITHER <Keep Changes> or <Cancel> (since you didn't change resolution) 

Your HD TV will now work with existing cable, and not need to be plugged in and unplugged.

OK - this has GOT to be a software issue;

To fix without getting up from couch and unplugging & plugging in the DVR - DO THE FOLLOWING;

WITH THE TV DISPLAYING HDMI ERROR;

o  ON AT&T REMOTE - hit <MENU>

o  Hit the <Right Arrow> Button on remote until the  <Options> is selected

o  Hit the <Down Arrow> Button until <System Options> hit <Ok> on the remote 

o  Hit <Down Arrow> Button until <TV screen resolution> is highlighted - hit <Ok>

o  With the word <Continue> highlighted - hit <Ok> 

o  Select <Start Test> and hit <Ok>

o  Select EITHER <Keep Changes> or <Cancel> (since you didn't change resolution) 

Your HD TV will now work with existing cable, and not need to be plugged in and unplugged.

19 of 19 (4,146 Views)