Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 8, 2013
8:11:28 PM
View profile
increasing dvr storage

Can you please advise on how we can increase our dvr storage space?  We can record 65hrs of hd recording, and my parents who just got dvr can record triple that!  Can our current recordings be  transferred with some sort of upgrade?

Can you please advise on how we can increase our dvr storage space?  We can record 65hrs of hd recording, and my parents who just got dvr can record triple that!  Can our current recordings be  transferred with some sort of upgrade?

increasing dvr storage

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 8:34:25 PM
(0)
Employee
Good news you can request DVR upgrade, one time charge $50, can install yourself or request tech dispatch.

Bad news, will lose all current recordings. As the DVR is intended for temporary storage will eventually lose recordings either when dvr needs to be replaced or cancel service. All programming you desire for long term storage should be transferred to another media either, VHS tape, dvd or pc hard drive. These all basically require playing back in real time to new media.

Suspect you current have the silver 1225 DVR and parents the black 2250 if in Motorola market.
Good news you can request DVR upgrade, one time charge $50, can install yourself or request tech dispatch.

Bad news, will lose all current recordings. As the DVR is intended for temporary storage will eventually lose recordings either when dvr needs to be replaced or cancel service. All programming you desire for long term storage should be transferred to another media either, VHS tape, dvd or pc hard drive. These all basically require playing back in real time to new media.

Suspect you current have the silver 1225 DVR and parents the black 2250 if in Motorola market.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: increasing dvr storage

2 of 6 (3,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 9:56:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I was charged $100 for my first 2250 DVR, but I eventually got a free one because the first one was replaced by a 1216 which also had to be replaced with another 2250.  If the price has dropped to $50 then that is great.  If you need a replacement DVR and you get a higher capacity one, it will be free. 

I was charged $100 for my first 2250 DVR, but I eventually got a free one because the first one was replaced by a 1216 which also had to be replaced with another 2250.  If the price has dropped to $50 then that is great.  If you need a replacement DVR and you get a higher capacity one, it will be free. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (3,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 3:01:22 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello sunshi500,

Just checking up on your post. I see that 'My Thoughts' and RCSMG offered great insight with this situation. If you would still like to upgrade your DVR unit then feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to discuss some options in getting a replacement. Thanks! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello sunshi500,

Just checking up on your post. I see that 'My Thoughts' and RCSMG offered great insight with this situation. If you would still like to upgrade your DVR unit then feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to discuss some options in getting a replacement. Thanks! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (3,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 3:42:24 PM
(0)
Voyager

We have U450 and HD.  I was quoted a cost of $105 to replace VIP1225 (250GB) with 500GB DVR.  I would have considered $50 as reasonable shipping and handling.  If ATT agrees new U450 customers should have 500GB, then why not loyal customers.

RCSMG wrote:

We have U450 and HD.  I was quoted a cost of $105 to replace VIP1225 (250GB) with 500GB DVR.  I would have considered $50 as reasonable shipping and handling.  If ATT agrees new U450 customers should have 500GB, then why not loyal customers.

RCSMG wrote:

5 of 6 (2,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 5:12:34 PM
(0)
Employee
ATT agrees that u300 and u450 customers should have a large DVR.
This is in comparison to the standard 1216.
At one time the only Motorola DVRs were 1216 and 1225.
when the 2nd gen 2250 was released it shares the title of large DVR with the 1225.
either is acceptable as large... requests for upgrade is billable.

Requests for replacement of defective DVR may be shipped with no choice of which DVR will be received as well as requests for a tech visit... inventory for replacement limited to what is on techs truck.

Replacing the DVR results in lose of all recordings but future schedule remains intact.
ATT agrees that u300 and u450 customers should have a large DVR.
This is in comparison to the standard 1216.
At one time the only Motorola DVRs were 1216 and 1225.
when the 2nd gen 2250 was released it shares the title of large DVR with the 1225.
either is acceptable as large... requests for upgrade is billable.

Requests for replacement of defective DVR may be shipped with no choice of which DVR will be received as well as requests for a tech visit... inventory for replacement limited to what is on techs truck.

Replacing the DVR results in lose of all recordings but future schedule remains intact.

6 of 6 (2,658 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments