Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 10, 2011
12:15:18 PM
View profile
dvr stuck on record

dvr is stuck on record. tried rebooting and still stuck, will not stop.

dvr is stuck on record. tried rebooting and still stuck, will not stop.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 10, 2011 2:09:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Mar 10, 2011 at 2:10:56 PM

Yes, when a recording is in process, the red light will appear on both the DVR and all the STB's.  Try this:

1. Reboot your RG by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

2. Once the RG completes rebooting, reboot the U-verse boxes on each of your 4 TV's.

3. If the red light recording appears, access the recording from the TV connected to the DVR and stop the recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

dvr stuck on record

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 12:26:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is a programming actually recording?  If so, are you able to stop the recording?

Also, try unplugging the DVR for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

Is a programming actually recording?  If so, are you able to stop the recording?

Also, try unplugging the DVR for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: dvr stuck on record

2 of 8 (4,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 1:29:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

i dont think it is actually recording.when u try to stop it it says recording stopped but red light is on on front of stb and it wont let me watch all 4 tv's.rebooted several times.

i dont think it is actually recording.when u try to stop it it says recording stopped but red light is on on front of stb and it wont let me watch all 4 tv's.rebooted several times.

3 of 8 (4,289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 1:44:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Mar 10, 2011 at 1:45:21 PM

Are you seeing this on the STB or the DVR?  I have seen this before on an STB.  I had to reboot the DVR, not the STB, to resolve.

Are you seeing this on the STB or the DVR?  I have seen this before on an STB.  I had to reboot the DVR, not the STB, to resolve.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (4,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 2:05:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

dvr but the red light is on on all recievers

dvr but the red light is on on all recievers

5 of 8 (4,269 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 10, 2011 2:09:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Mar 10, 2011 at 2:10:56 PM

Yes, when a recording is in process, the red light will appear on both the DVR and all the STB's.  Try this:

2. Once the RG completes rebooting, reboot the U-verse boxes on each of your 4 TV's.

3. If the red light recording appears, access the recording from the TV connected to the DVR and stop the recording.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (4,262 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 2:19:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

rebooting all 4 recievers seems to have fixed the problem. thanks

rebooting all 4 recievers seems to have fixed the problem. thanks

7 of 8 (4,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2011 2:29:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're welcome!

You're welcome!

8 of 8 (4,241 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments