ginby's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 16th, 2013 6:03 PM

connecting 2 tvs to a uverse receiver

Just had uverse installed. 1 wired and 1 wireless receiver.  tech insists that i can't connect a 2nd tv to the wireless receiver even thou i showed him responses in forum that you can. don't understand the replies on how to do it.  i guess tech also didn't understand. so can you really connect a 2nd tv to the wireless and how do i do it? the tv is a 13" tv which i only use to watch the news in the AM.  not worth paying extra monthly for another receiver.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

ginby - The simplest method is to connect the COAX output of the STB to the COAX input on the 13" TV. Set the TV on ch 3.

Is the main TV HD - widescreen and the 13" SD 4:3?? The picture on the 13" may be letter boxed to fit on the screen.

If you someday upgrade to HD. Make the connection with HDMI & a Sewell spliitter
http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_grou

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

ginby - As a test, try it with the HDMI not connected at the stb. IF that works, you can connect the HD TV via component.

HDMI results have varied over the years,

How far is the small TV? You could try composite (red.white. yellow), or S-video, but they should all be the same. I expect it tis the HDMI that is making an impact. Be sure to disconnect it at the STB.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The beauty of the wireless receiver is that you can move the receiver from one TV to another since there is no wired connection going into the receiver.

By the way, U-verse technicians are not allowed to connect 2 TV's to one U-verse receiver. Some customers have this setup; however, a U-verse technician is not allowed to set things up that way for obvious reasons.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

the main tv is HD and connected via HDMI cable and small tv is SD and i connected the coax to small tv as you said and it worked but when i turn off main tv, the small tv doesn't show picture only sound.  tried to turn it off and on and same thing, just sound. is there a way to fix this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

it worked without the HDMI connection and connected via component but since small tv is 2 rooms away the receivers remote won't change channels on small tv.  still this is better than paying for another receiver monthly.  just have to make sure main tv is set to right channel before going to bed. thanks for all the help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How to hook 2 Tv to Att cable box that does have wires

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.