bgdddytexas's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2013 3:10 AM

Closed

all lights on dvr box flashing simultaneously

I got a new tv and decided to dust around all the boxes and cables before the new tv went in. My dvr box came unplugged during the cleaning process and when I plugged it back in, all the lights (power/link/HD/record) were flashing simultaneously. I've tried to reset the box with the power button with no luck. Does anyone have ant tips for me before I call a tech?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Try unplugging it again for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  If the lights are all still flashing, time to call TS.  If it reboots and comes back up, then you're good to go. 

Make sure there is still an ethernet or coax connection going to the DVR from the RG too.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the help. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but no go. I guess it's time to call and get a tech out, thanks again

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hey bgddytexas......I'm having the same issue with my receiver.  I've tried unplugging everything and resetting everything without any luck.  I've tried holding the power button for ten seconds and nothing all three lights on the front of the dvr receiever are still flashing.  I was curious if you ever found a solution to this issue or did you have to send your box in for another?

Thanks!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Anyone find the solution to this yet?

this is what att trouble shooter says:

Restart your U-verse Receiver

If you are seeing no video and the red, blue, and green lights on your U-verse Receiver are blinking, a critical error has occurred with the U-verse Receiver.

Restart your receiver by holding down the POWER button for 10 seconds then pressing it again to restart. This process takes 5-8 minutes to complete and will impact any DVR recording in progress.

Please contact us to provide additional help if your problem is not resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I switched the receiver from the bedroom to the living room and that receiver does the same however the one that was flashing quickly in the living rom works in the bedroom. So it must be an issue with the gateway or possibly the power cord transformer. Tech coming today so we will see.

The problem turned out to be the transformer in the receivers power cord was bad. Tech put on a new power cord and the problem was solved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having same issue - 3 lights just keep flashing - will not reset.  Is it possible to get new power cord without having technician come as well?

4 years ago

I was having same issue.  After reading the previous posts i changed out the power cord and that fixed the problem.  Thanks for the info. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Changing the plug solved our problem as well. Thank you

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

3 years ago

We're glad things worked out.

Please don't respond to threads over one year old. This thread was started in 2013, sporadically replied to and last replied to over two years ago. It will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.