southern planter's profile

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 3:29 PM

Wireless Receiver

How much is the new u-verse wireless receiver and does it really work well?  Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Ed - see my post to Texas Guy who just keeps telling everyone to change the cables - doesn't help.

I agree with you completely - have same issues and the techs have no idea what the problem is or what to do!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have also had nothing but problems with the wireless receiver.  I have it hooked up to a Samsung TV via HDMI.  It freezes and has to be re-booted at least once per day if not more.  My WAP is about 20 feet away in the next room.  I've had several service calls and they've replaced the wirelesss box, the WAP, the gateway, something outside the house and even had a crew come out and check the outside line running to the house.  It's worse now than it was after the 2nd service call. 

For the amount of money I pay each month for this service, I am NOT happy with AT&T.  I can't wait for Surewest to get up and running in my neighborhood.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

I had the same issue till yesterday... They ran new Cat 5 cables and put in a wired box. I was done with ATT, but this seems to be back stable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My question is on the range for the wireless receiver.  I was speaking with UVerse tech support and they indicated max range from the WAP to the receiver is approximately 30 feet.  Since I am not sure the individual actually understood my request, my question is if this is valid?

My gateway is in the basement, almost directly below the room that I want the wireless receiver in, however, it is on the other side of the room. I would estimate that base width is 15-20 feet from the desired location to where the WAP would be located.  Of course it is also down one level so the flooring is in the way.  Between flooring and basement height, probably another 12-15 feet.  Which gives me an estimated range of perhaps 35 feet with flooring in the way.  Will this function?  I am thinking I should test even if the answer is yes, because if it works, the plan is to purchase a new TV and TV stand for that room, and not a cheap TV anyway.

Love U VERSE, great performance on all the wired locations, just concerned about the wireless functionality.

Thanks for any feedback in advance!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

I read somewhere that the maximum distance was 100 feet under ideal conditions which, of course, might never exist in the real world.  One of my wireless receivers is almost 50 feet from the WAP and it works great.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

do you have to have uverse internet to use the uverse wireless reciever? 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Mr.Din - No, the wireless receiver uses a different wi-fi signal.

Both TV and internet are available, if subscribed, together or individually on COAX(HPNA) and the four network jacks on the RG.
Internet is also available on the wi-fi built in to the RG.
TV wireless connects by plugging a WAP (wireless access point) into one of the four network jacks on the RG. The WAP is the wi-fi source for up to two wireless receivers.

There was a time when the wireless receiver was not available for INID (aka bonded pair) installs. I believe it is currently available,
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.