For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
patiwak123_1's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 5:25 PM

My battery backup is beeping continuously

Over the weekend, my big gray battery started making this terrible beeping noise.

We tried everything to make it stop - and eventually, what ever we did worked.

Now it's doing it again!  Why does this happen, and how do I make it stop?:smileyconfused:

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The battery backup is designed to beep when it is running on its own battery power. This serves as an indicator letting you know that it is no longer receiving power from the power outlet. Check the power source the battery backup is connected to. If the power outlet is faulty or another device causes your breaker to trip the results will be a beeping sound from the this unit.

Also the frequency of the beeps will let you know more information on the cause of the trouble experienced by the battery backup. Example:

Tone everysecond
The battery energy is running low.
(Needs to be charged by plugging to power outlet)

Tone every two seconds
This alarm warns that the battery has reached the end of its useful life.
(Proceed to the instructions below)

Tone every five seconds
The RG Battery Backup is operating on battery power.
Note: You may mute the beep by pressing the button in front of the unit

Continuous
tone A fault has occurred.
(Perform the instructions below)

1. Disconnect equipment from the RG Battery Backup prior to checking equipment.

2. Turn off the Battery Backup Unit (switch on rear of unit).

3. Unplug the Battery Backup Unit from the wall outlet.

4. Properly connect Battery Backup Unit directly into a functional and powered household wall outlet. Do not plug Battery Backup Unit into a power strip or surge protector.

5. Turn on the Battery Backup Unit (switch on rear of unit). The Battery Backup Unit performs a self-test.

If self-test results in green LED the battery backup unit is ok
If self-test results in red LED you will need to contact Belkin the manufacturer of the battery backup for further assistance. Your battery backup came with a 3 year warranty.

Contact information for Belkin:
Telephone Number: 866-539-5791
Web site: www.belkin.com/gatewaybattery

Employee

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

patiwak123,

Did the above answer your question?

Employee

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your help.  Turns out that the GFI switch tripped. We must have been running off of battery power until it ran down the battery. Good to go now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So the white battery backup is not supposed tobe plugged into a power strip? That's how it was setup when they installed it. It's been beeping for a while now. Does this mean the power is not getting to the system cause it's on a powers trip so the battery had to kick in.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

The battery back up usually beeps when there is no AC power.  Check your power strip, and make sure it is still plugged in to the wall outlet, or the circuit in the strip has been tripped.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Mine beeps every 5 minutes or so and has red light on Replace Battery.  What kind of battery does it need?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

2014-11-18 06.30.18.jpg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

9 years ago

my AT&T supplied belkin grey ups battery needs replacment.

who is responcible for the battery, me or AT&T?

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

9 years ago

well there you go, my problem.

thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi.The indicator lights on mine say it is not connected to AC power when it is plugged into a working wall outlet. Does anyone know if this is normal/why this may be? What should I do? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.