KwisatzCA's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 7:36 AM

VIP 1216 freezes 15 seconds after boot

This just started this morning...the DVR is freezing 15 seconds after booting, then goes into a constant reboot loop...I've tried removing power for 10-15 seconds and the non-dstructive factory reset...what else can I do that is non-destructive as I have 70+ shows on the DVR i'd like to not lose...

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @KwisatzCA,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your DVR, but we will be glad to help. Try removing everything plugged into the U-verse router and just having your DVR connected. Sometimes, the rebooting process is caused with the DVR having issues communicating with the other receivers. Also, you can try unplugging the power and leaving unplugged over night. If it still has problems the next morning, we may need to replace the DVR. Let us know how it goes, and I will be glad to help no matter what.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Somehow I've managed to get 2 profiles on this thing...anyway...tried all the standard troubleshooting stuff, and even tried your suggestions, i ended up needing to do a forced factory reset (that hurt... 80+ shows on DVR) but seemed to do the trick, but it has happened a couple more times..and I'm also noticing some voice quality issues on the voip lines, along with spotty wireless ( but this could just be a placement issue, and the wireless doesn't seem to reach other side of house...I understand these are old models and I've seen reference to a newer HG that has at least 802.11n support with it...any chance to get my 3800HGV-B swapped out for a newer HG, and the DVR swapped for the newer model as well..?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.