diddlydudette's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Friday, November 1st, 2013 11:10 PM

Uverse installed Oct 9, 2013. Now not liking how he wired the living room TV.

I had just moved into a rental home the day before the guy came to install TV/internet. In my living room, there were a couple of light switches that would turn on the outside lights and inside lights....not anymore.

After he installed, both of those switches now turn on/off the TV. I'm all the time accidentally hitting those switches. I miss my switches for outdoor and indoor lights. One of the switches was handy for when first walking into the house, the switch was right by the door to turn on an inside lamp. Now that switch turns off the TV power and I can't turn on indoor lighting without walking across the dark room to get to the lamp.

At first I thought I'd just put up with it but actually it's become a big inconvenience.

Am I asking too much to have the guy come back and fix that? Is that a lot involved and will they charge to come back out? Thanks.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

One last question. What is the point of having 'Press Ok to watch TV' screen?  Of course I want to watch TV, I turned it on so why does this screen need to pop up? Is there a way to disable it so I can bypass it?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

It's a screen saver. 

If you pause the TV (live or recorded) for an extended length of time, it will pop up. 

-OR-

If you turn the box OFF and the leave the power to the TV, it will appear.

And there is no way to disable it.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, thanks so much for the answers. I really appreciate the help and advice!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You can call in and have a tech come back. I've been on repair for a

a similar issue.  You have a 90 day warranty so charges should not be applied. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.