Fixme's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 4:56 PM

Using a TV with autosensing video inputs.

I'm using a TV  that uses autosensing technology to detect when a device is powered on and giving a video feed.  My problem is att uverse seems to think I always want to watch the screensaver.  I am using the non dvr box through hdmi at the 720p setting. No idea what the deal is with always sending a video feed, and it's got to be wasting tons of power by always running the video card.(it's warm to the touch when powered off, that's not right).  I need a way to turn the box off, or at least the constant video feed without unplugging it because I have 5 other devices plugged in that do not have that problem. 

I can turn the feature off within the tv btw, but I don't want to.  I've never had a device do this to me before in the 3 years I've had this TV so PLEASE HELP! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

This is a new example of the need to have the ability to optionally select one functionality or another or another functionality.

I always thought it was a great idea for U-uverse to show that the STB was asleep & use the OK button to turn it on. This is effective when people get stuck with the TV on & the STB asleep.

But, I see the beauty of your  situation where you only need to turn on the source device & the TV automatically comes on  &b connects to the correct device.

The only thing I can think of is an HDMI switcher with remote that would allow you to interrupt the HDMI path from the STB. Here is one as an example. I have no experience with this equipment. If you like the idea you can search around for anotrher one.

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-Switcher-Remote-Support/dp/B00264NZWS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1300996625&sr=8-4

So, you can continue to operate as you are now, but need the switcher remote to activate the U-verse input.

Or, you can turn off your TV feature and go to a universal remote, such as Harmony 700 to provide full control.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. Looking into your remote idea I saw that att offers an xbox bundle to watch through the console itself so I think I'm going to check that out. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.