Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 24, 2014
5:56:23 PM
UVerse Battery Backup
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 24, 2014 at 9:26:32 PM

The IPSU2 unit has been beeping indicating that the battery needs replacement. It is my understanding that the IPSU2 unit is only for providing UVerse Voice in the event of a power outage. Is this true? Can I unplug the IPSU2 and still have internet and voice connectivity when the power is on? I can use my cell phone if there is a power outage. This will save me from having to replace the battery.

Thanks for any help, George

[edited for privacy]

The IPSU2 unit has been beeping indicating that the battery needs replacement. It is my understanding that the IPSU2 unit is only for providing UVerse Voice in the event of a power outage. Is this true? Can I unplug the IPSU2 and still have internet and voice connectivity when the power is on? I can use my cell phone if there is a power outage. This will save me from having to replace the battery.

Thanks for any help, George

[edited for privacy]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 24, 2014 8:31:40 PM
(0)
Employee
You cannot unplug the iPSU as that provides power to the inid for all services.
You can remove the two screws on the front cover, unplug the battery connection, install cover and two screws.

This will stop low battery beeping, maintain power to inid on normal AC function.

http://www.fibersafebattery.com/faq.aspx
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

UVerse Battery Backup

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 24, 2014 8:31:40 PM
(0)
Employee
You can remove the two screws on the front cover, unplug the battery connection, install cover and two screws.

This will stop low battery beeping, maintain power to inid on normal AC function.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: UVerse Battery Backup

2 of 4 (4,211 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 2:46:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you. That works. You have saved me the cost of a battery since I do not need the backup for the UVerse phone..

George

Thank you. That works. You have saved me the cost of a battery since I do not need the backup for the UVerse phone..

George

3 of 4 (4,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2016 11:54:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Am I able to just remove the battery and dispose of it properly, once I unplug it?

Am I able to just remove the battery and dispose of it properly, once I unplug it?

4 of 4 (261 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments