soupcxan's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 3:03 PM

UV Realtime says no streams were detected but everything is setup

Internet on Uverse has been fine since it was installed a month ago but TV is basically unwatchable due to constant freezing, particularly in the evenings. Live in Houston, TX. I am trying to troubleshoot with UV realtime but it says "No streams were detected" no matter what I do. This was a brand new install of Uverse at this house. I have an i38HG connected to the phone jack. The VIP2250 is connected by ethernet to the i38HG as is my PC. I disabled my PC's wireless network adapter. I don't have any coax connections. UV Realtime has no problems seeing my system except for not seeing the streams. There is only one network interface listed in UV realtime's dropdown in the config tab. Can anyone help?

Screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44226643@N06/sets/72157634498777269/

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@soupcxan wrote:

I think I will try pulling my own cable.

Good idea. You know what they say, "if you want something done a certain way . . . ."

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

@soupcxan wrote:

So I found out today that ATT charges $99 to come out if the problem is inside the house. I think that's pretty lame considering this probably wasn't wired correctly when it was installed, and especially if the STB isn't designed to run over HPNA.

I think I will try pulling my own cable.

There is a 90 day warranty on any work done during your install so that would cover changes.  Also, because fail end install issue and techs were told not to hook the STBs to the inside unit (i38hg) then I would expect that there should be no charges for the repair.  If you have issues, I would reach out to the customer care team on here and ask that they have it corrected because you should not be paying for a bad install.  I would expect that they should be able to get someone out to correct it and once it's being coax fed they're should be no freezing issues.

The other issue I see on your bits loading graph is that the two lines are not matching up well.  They should be closer and also there should not be as many dips in the bits loading as there is.  I would think while the tech is out switching out the coax line they can put in a ticket for the lines to be checked outside.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.