Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 16, 2014
1:33:09 PM
Turning receiver on/off manually

Started a couple of days ago, I can no longer turn DVR receivers on or off by pushing the power button.  The remotes will do it fine.  Thanks.

Started a couple of days ago, I can no longer turn DVR receivers on or off by pushing the power button.  The remotes will do it fine.  Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2014 1:36:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You only have 1 DVR, the rest are STBs (set top boxes). 

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Turning receiver on/off manually

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2014 1:36:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Turning receiver on/off manually

2 of 7 (748 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 1:54:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Seems to have.  Smiley Happy  Thanks, Chris!

3 of 7 (738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 2:40:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Usually when I have this problem I just press another button on the front panel(such as the menu button). After pressing it, it would allow me to then to turn it off by the power button. It's an odd occurance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Usually when I have this problem I just press another button on the front panel(such as the menu button). After pressing it, it would allow me to then to turn it off by the power button. It's an odd occurance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

4 of 7 (721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 3:31:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jhawktlc wrote:

You're welcome, just remember anything else seems funny, try a reboot first.

Personally I reboot the DVR weekly to speed it up and forestall many other problems from occuring. Smiley Wink

Chris

jhawktlc wrote:

You're welcome, just remember anything else seems funny, try a reboot first.

Personally I reboot the DVR weekly to speed it up and forestall many other problems from occuring. Smiley Wink

Chris

5 of 7 (704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 9:43:29 PM
(0)
Master

I reboot mine once a month after all it is running Windows CE.

I reboot mine once a month after all it is running Windows CE.

6 of 7 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 11:32:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I have a wireless STB and I think my DVR is a VIP-1225. Either way, they can't seem to go much above 600-700 hours without needing to reboot. For some odd reason, my DVR gets that blue "HDMI not found...here a few ways to fix it" screen and rebooting seems to fix that.

I have a wireless STB and I think my DVR is a VIP-1225. Either way, they can't seem to go much above 600-700 hours without needing to reboot. For some odd reason, my DVR gets that blue "HDMI not found...here a few ways to fix it" screen and rebooting seems to fix that.

7 of 7 (507 Views)